How do you show an item to sent as an e parcel. Information sent via the internet?

Although ebay, does show shipping methods as a Postal service, as of yet, there is nothing for delivery to be sent via the net. This is the 21st century, information / interlectual propety can be fowarded now as PDF, doesn't need to be a hard copy. People can download. A somewhat of an eviromental aspect, no fuel to use to deliver this, no paper needs to wasted.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

How do you show an item to sent as an e parcel. Information sent via the internet?

Do you mean that the item itself is going to be digitally delivered? (I'm not 100% sure because eParcel is an Australia Post parcel service, i.e. normal parcels through the mail, that can be prepared online, with shipping information sent to the buyer via email, but other parts of your post give me the impression you're talking about listing and sending digital content and items to buyers, like a movie download or ebook, for example).

You can't actually sell items that are digitally delivered on eBay Australia, all items have to be a tangible good in one form or another (so if your item is a pdf, it needs to be sent on a disc or memory card). Other sites (eg US) allows the listing of digitally delivered goods, but I'm pretty sure there's no buyer or seller protection for them.

If you mean something else, regarding Aus Post's eParcel service, I need a little more info to clarify what you want to be able to do. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I could be wrong, but I think you'll find Ebay do not allow electronically delivered items to be listed, so that's probably why you can't select an option for it. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Kudos, DG, you beat me by four seconds, lol.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

My son gets his online nerd soccer credit things by eBay message with some number code or whatever but there is no physical item or postage.I that the kind of thing you mean?I have no idea how the seller marks  always marked as sent & there has never been a problem with it.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

Kudos, DG, you beat me by four seconds, lol.

Cheers,

Penny

I've been working out* and it's finally paid off ๐Ÿ˜„ 

*That's a lie. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@2011.narelle wrote:

My son gets his online nerd soccer credit things by eBay message with some number code or whatever but there is no physical item or postage.I that the kind of thing you mean?I have no idea how the seller marks  always marked as sent & there has never been a problem with it.

You have been lucky then, a lot of these type of things are scams and there is no Paypal protection for intangible goods. Some other sites allow the listing of electronically delivered items but they are certainly not allowed on the Australian site.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply