How is Ebay putting up with the scalpers inflating concert tickets by up to 500%? BBOOOO!!!!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: How is Ebay putting up with the scalpers inflating concert tickets by up to 500%? BBOOOO!!!!!!

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is not illegal to sell concert tickets on ebay except for a few selected venues.  Ebay does not have any say in the prices charged by sellers.

What you should be asking is why does anyone buy tickets at grossly inflated prices.   The prices will soon go down if the sellers are left with unsold tickets.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Re: How is Ebay putting up with the scalpers inflating concert tickets by up to 500%? BBOOOO!!!!!!

@lyndal1838 wrote:

It is not illegal to sell concert tickets on ebay except for a few selected venues.  Ebay does not have any say in the prices charged by sellers.

What you should be asking is why does anyone buy tickets at grossly inflated prices.   The prices will soon go down if the sellers are left with unsold tickets.

Exactly. People can ask whatever inflated price they like because they know if it's a sellout event, they're going to make a tidy profit.

By the same token, they can also be stuck with tickets that don't sell, so lose money. I have seen it on here whereby someone was trying to sell tickets, but the event wasn't a sell out. They had 15 tickets and sold none. The other thing I've seen is, auctions ending days after the event has occurred. I can't understand why people would do that!

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Because Ebay doesn't give a stuff about you. They done got ya money!! They are too busy looking after their own interests to care about the people who (decliningly) use Ebay nowadays - I actually much prefer Gumtree - at least it is genunine
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

... and Gumtree is an ebay owned company too.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply