How many DVDs

rel22p
Community Member
Hi everyone! We don't get to at home so I buy and sell a lot of DVDs I have been selling individually but I'm thinking that I can do bulk lots if I know how many will fit into the 500g, 3kg & 5kg pre paid post satchels. I don't live in town or close to post office so I can't really test this theory for myself as of yet. Can anyone help out!? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

How many DVDs

If you have a small set of kitchen scales at home, weigh them out.

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

How many DVDs

go-tazz
Community Member

It all depends on what size the DVD cases are as you can get more slim line ones in B1,B2 0r B4 box,(those

are your best options if sending bulk DVD's and you can print the labels via your printer).

Postage I charge for B1 = $9, B2 $14 and B4 $18,(which covers the price of buying the box and postage cost).

I get 10 slim line ones into a B1 box,28 into a B2 and more than 60 in a B4.

Weights allowed for the boxes and DVD's togetherare: B1 = 1kg,B2 = 3kg and B4 = 5 kg

If they are thicker then you will fit less in them.

Best way to check is buy one of each box and see how many will fit.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

How many DVDs

rel22p
Community Member
I can weigh them no problem just wondering how many will fit. Thanks
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

How many DVDs

rel22p
Community Member
The DVDs are all in original cases not thinner ones. Thanks for that. We don't have a printer at the moment either home office got transformed into baby room haha.
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

How many DVDs

@rel22p wrote:
The DVDs are all in original cases not thinner ones. Thanks for that. We don't have a printer at the moment either home office got transformed into baby room haha.

You may be wise to invest in one if you do have a large amount to sell,(printing labels for the boxes can be via the

eBay platform which includes tracking and the cost is added to your invoice each month which also makes it

easier).

Pre-paid satchels wont have the tracking and they can be more difficult for packing into,(the boxes via the post

office also wont have tracking and will cost more than via eBay postage).

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

How many DVDs

rel22p
Community Member
I would just have nowhere to set up yet. That's why we got rid of it not kept it. The prepaid bags do have tracking. When we renovate it will make everything a lot easier I can get a comp & printer set up again. Thanks.
Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

How many DVDs

Buy one of each satchel and then you can check for yourself. As said, there are many variables.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

How many DVDs

If you're going to post DVD's in satchels be very careful to protect them against coming loose inside the case and getting scratched.

Others here have suggested putting a thin piece of foam plastic between the DVD and the case to stop it moving, and also a bit of sticky tape to hold the case closed.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

How many DVDs

rel22p
Community Member
Thanks, yes I will have to just buy them and see, living 100km away just makes it a little hard. Yeah I always put bubble wrap inside the cases and make sure the package has no room for moving around so they don't open during transit.
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply