Selling on Ebay through a FB business page.

I've just started looking into setting up my own FB business selling page. Seems fairly straightforward, but I haven't gone through all the steps yet.

I see there is a button you can add called "SHOP NOW" which can link you to a URL (so I guess Ebay site, own website etc), or you can even sell directly from your FB page.

Has anyone else set up their OWN selling page and how did you find it?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

As far as I'm aware you can link your FB page to eBay, but you can't link eBay to your Facebook page.

Other than that I have no idea how to set up a FB selling page.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You're right, you can only link from FB into Ebay.

In the last few hours I've completed the steps to set up a selling page and I gotta say, it's pretty good. I'm not currently linking into EBay, rather just selling directly.

I've listed a few items, and you can actually set up an entire shop - there doesn't seem to be a limit on the number of items.

Whilst USA users of FB get the choice of a buyer choosing an item and actually making payment via FB, Aussie users currently only get the option for a buyer to message them from the item description page and then you work things out from there.

Still, it's a good start.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Just don't do both. Use the facebook business just to sell there but don't link it to your ebay page. Ebay don't allow you to link your ebay store on facebook and then sell also on facebook as they lose on the final value fee.

Great way of expanding your business sales but more imortanly your exposure online.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@negron18 wrote:

Just don't do both. Use the facebook business just to sell there but don't link it to your ebay page. Ebay don't allow you to link your ebay store on facebook and then sell also on facebook as they lose on the final value fee.

It used to be the case that you couldn't list on another platform if you'd listed on eBay but that is no longer the case, so sellers are able to list on multiple sites.

However, the drawback is that if you list on another platform and happen to sell the same item on both that platform and eBay you open yourself to either a neg on eBay and/or a defect for cancelling for "out of stock".

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

We have been selling on facebook for a couple of years and it is great. We sell on our page and within a few groups. Creating an ad is quick and sales are often quicker  🙂  It is more personal so it is easy to offer other products to combine postage and a lot of buyers opt to use bank transfer so no fees! Make sure you use the same business and store name across the different platforms so buyers can easily find you.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply