How on earth do you override the Aus Post options?!

I just updated my ebay app finally and it's a bit different to what I was used to.

Anyway, in the shipping section, I just want to choose either my own amount to charge buyers for postage, or at least be able to choose from more prepaid options such as the envelopes, for very small or flat items. It only gives me the satchel options, and even when I manually put the measurements of an item to 3cm x 1cm x 3cm, and weighing 250 grams, it STILL brought up a 3kg prepaid satchel for $14.55 as the recommended option. UGH!
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You selling fees will be based on what the buyer pays, assuming they pay via PayPal. Only time it would differ is if for example you had an item for $100 with $50 postage, and you told the buyer via message that postage would only be $25 and they then paid via bank deposit. The system wouldn't know that they buyer paid less. How you would get around it is to send a revised invoice with the lower cost. That then resets the amount in the system and you are charged fees on the lower amount.

If the buyer buys several items and pays immediately, you will get charged fees on all the excess postage they have paid, even if you refund the difference. In that case you'd need to call eBay to get those fees refunded to you (which they usually do).

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I loathe the app. Always use the full site for listing/selling.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

eBay don't have any options for letter postage, except standard, and there are no postage amounts attached.

Select Flat rate and put your own amount in. leave weight and dimensions blank.

Calculated postage will always give parcel prices, as that's what it's designed (by AP) for.

Nothing to do with the app, although I refuse to use it. It is limited, deficient, buggy and of no use to me as a seller. And not much better as a buyer.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you! That's what I did, but I worry about my ebay final selling fees being inaccurately higher if they're basing my total sale amount on a higher postage cost.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

You selling fees will be based on what the buyer pays, assuming they pay via PayPal. Only time it would differ is if for example you had an item for $100 with $50 postage, and you told the buyer via message that postage would only be $25 and they then paid via bank deposit. The system wouldn't know that they buyer paid less. How you would get around it is to send a revised invoice with the lower cost. That then resets the amount in the system and you are charged fees on the lower amount.

If the buyer buys several items and pays immediately, you will get charged fees on all the excess postage they have paid, even if you refund the difference. In that case you'd need to call eBay to get those fees refunded to you (which they usually do).

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Edit

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Oh, excellent! Thank you for that!
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply