How to Change the Photo of a Single Combination in a Variation Listing

uber-dan
Community Member

Hello All,

So I am making a listing with variations, and I am having trouble with the photos. When I go to chnage the photos, it's only letting me change the photos for one of the variaitons. So I'll go to the dropdown menu, it will have my variations, so I click on one, and it ony lets me change the photos for the different sections in that variation and not the combinations. Sorry if that's a bit confusing.

Thanks, Dan

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The seller selects that when they upload photos - there will be a dropdown menu on the left, underneath the main image section and above the variations, and you can select only one attribute to upload additional photos for.

So, lets say you create a listing for a T shirt, which is available in multiple colours and multiple sizes, which means you create a colour attribute then a size attribute, resulting in 2 drowpdown menus in the listing that the buyer needs to select.

It doesn't make much sense for there to be different pictures for each size, because that's not really much of a visual difference, so the seller would typically upload a photos of each colour, and set the listing to change photos when a buyer selects a specific colour, while nothing happens when they set the size.

In case it's relevant - if an item has more than one, major visual difference, I would consider making more than one listing instead. I've tried listings where I had multiple choices for two different things, and they both made visible differences to the product, but the listings didn't do so well. One was was a really popular item when there was no choice whatsoever, but it utterly tanked in the new variation format - too many choices can overwhelm, I think, plus people like to be able to see what the product they'll receive will look like. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Select revise then go to the photo's.

Just above you will see "add / edit variation photos.

You can then make changes to variations.

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

If kopes answer doesn't solve the issue, I may need a bit more info before I can advise further, but just in case...

When editing the images in the listing, there is a dropdown menu underneath the main gallery images to select which photos are used when variations are changed. the default is to use the main images, but you can change it to any one of the attributes, which you need to do if you want the images uploaded to each different variation to switch in the gallery when a buyer selects a specific variation. 

(If this isn't the issue - is this happening while in the listing, as buyers would see it, or while editing the listing? It sounds like you only have one attribute, meaning, only one dropdown menu in the listing, with all available selections in that one menu, but just in case - do you have more than one attribute? Unfortunately you can't upload photos for a combo of variations, eg if you were listing t-shirts in multiple colours with multiple design selections, you can only have the gallery display for the colours, or for the designs, but not for 1 colour selection + 1 design selection....if that makes sense Smiley Embarassed ). 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Ok, that's a bit unfortunate. So just one more question, what image does the listing go with (from the buyer's perspective) if you choose two or more variations?

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The seller selects that when they upload photos - there will be a dropdown menu on the left, underneath the main image section and above the variations, and you can select only one attribute to upload additional photos for.

So, lets say you create a listing for a T shirt, which is available in multiple colours and multiple sizes, which means you create a colour attribute then a size attribute, resulting in 2 drowpdown menus in the listing that the buyer needs to select.

It doesn't make much sense for there to be different pictures for each size, because that's not really much of a visual difference, so the seller would typically upload a photos of each colour, and set the listing to change photos when a buyer selects a specific colour, while nothing happens when they set the size.

In case it's relevant - if an item has more than one, major visual difference, I would consider making more than one listing instead. I've tried listings where I had multiple choices for two different things, and they both made visible differences to the product, but the listings didn't do so well. One was was a really popular item when there was no choice whatsoever, but it utterly tanked in the new variation format - too many choices can overwhelm, I think, plus people like to be able to see what the product they'll receive will look like. 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply