How to access Australia Post Parcel Registered delivery for long items

Hi all, looking for some help. I'm trying to workout the cost of sending some long items to customers while keeping costs down.

According to Australia Post they don't accept items longer than 105cm which is fine. But what is Australia Post Parcel delivery (and registered delivery)? There are lots of local sellers using this service to post items over 105cm in length and up to 155cm but I can't find any info on this service.

How do I access it?

Cheers

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: How to access Australia Post Parcel Registered delivery for long items

The only reference I can see on the AP website is that "Some business credit account customers have different size and weight restrictions" - I only use standard AP services and don't know if larger parcel sizes are allowed for account holders or eParcel users (and it's not mentioned on the site if you look for info). Best bet would be to ask the sellers how they are posting their items.

Registered is no longer available for standard parcel, and has been replaced with signature on delivery for an additional $2.95. Most standard parcel services come with basic tracking, and services like Click & Send and eParcel provide documentation the qualifies as proof of shipping for PayPal.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

You need to have an account with AusPost in order to ship the larger items - its nothing to do with "Registered" or "Parcel Post" as such. To get an account you have to have a reasonable volume - I think around 2,000 per annum is about the minimum.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks all for your comments. I have searched high and low on the Australia Post website and there is no indication of such a service so have sent a message. I'll update this thread when I get a reply. Cheers

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

OK, Australia Post has confirmed that 105cm is the maximum length so I'm not sure why sellers are stating that delivery is through Australia Post for their long parcels.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Are you sure the sellers are not using Australia Post Couriers?  That would have a completely different size restriction.

Can you give an item number of a listing that is over sized but using AP?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

OK, I obviously didn't make it clear in my earlier post - I have an account with Aus Post - I can ship extra large items over the counter at my local post office - it is not using Courier or any special service it is using the same service as everyone else just that the normal size limits are not enforced. You must have an account with them so if you have the required volume you need to get in touch with the area that looks after account customers.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply