How to pay for dispute

moto288
Community Member

Hello all,

To keep a long story short. I've sold 2 similar sets of cutleries on ebay to a fraudulent buyer in the US (2 feedbacks, I should have noticed). They filed a non-authentic claim on my items, and the usual story goes, ebay sided with the buyer (despite the items being bought by me personally from the brand store - unfortunately this was years ago and from overseas so I don't have the receipt).

I managed to get ebay to reverse one case so I haven't lost everything. It's been a frustrating and stressful period dealing with ebay on this, and I'm giving up, both happy and sad and I only lost slightly over 1/2 of the money originally.

However, the ebay paying option is convoluted to say the least. Paypal have frozen the funds for the item that I need to refund (so I'm on a negative balance) and ebay is asking me to Pay Now via an ebay page. Obviously my preferred option is to go through Paypal as that means I get the Paypal fees of that transaction back as consolation. However, if I zero out my balance by depositing money into eBay, will eBay know to take money from there?

So the item is $1400, and Paypal withheld $1349 from me (the balance is Paypal fees), so if I can go through Paypal, I pay $51 less.

Could I please ask for some advice how I could go about doing it via Paypal? Saving $51 would help reduce my loss - every little bit counts when you're burned by a scammer.

Thanks so much!

Message 1 of 68
Latest reply
67 REPLIES 67

How to pay for dispute

So now you are a snoopy Stawka?Smiley LOL

Message 61 of 68
Latest reply

How to pay for dispute

moto288
Community Member

Hi all,

I can confirm eBay is actively siding with the buyer. I've asked them to remove the negative comment and they've refused to, despite me citing that it is against eBay policy for the buyer to mention ebay involvement in the comment.

Oh wow, this shock me to the core. I don't know what else to say. It's almost like a Hollywood movie where the bad guy gets away and the good guy goes to jail.

Does anyone have a link to the eBay page where it states that feedbacks mentioning ebay involvement is not allowed? I've had suggestions from a few people to mentioned this point but if I can show eBay a physical link, they will have no choice but to do it.

Thanks so much everyone!

Message 62 of 68
Latest reply

How to pay for dispute

What is sad is that eBay don't even follow or abide by their own polices. I'm referring to the one that states "a buyer must return the item in the same condition it was received".   But then again you can return a completely different item and as long as tracking shows "a parcel was delivered", you can get your money back and keep the item the seller sent you!  Yep, seller protection is there for us all.......

CLEARLY NOT!

Message 63 of 68
Latest reply

How to pay for dispute

I am hopeless at posting links but I can tell you how to find the feedback policy.

Click on Help and Contact at the bottom of the page.

Type in Inappropriate Feedback in the search bar.

Go down the list of reasons to Contact Between Members and go right down to the bottom of the reasons.

I am pretty sure that is the one that mentions that you are not allowed to mention law enforcement disputes or ebay or paypal disputes.

Edit.....I am not sure I would be wasting too much time over the feedback just now.   You have bigger fish to fry by getting the authorities involved.  If you do win you should not have any trouble getting it removed.

Also, be aware that you still have a right of reply left on that feedback....do NOT use it yet...wait till you have no more avenues of appeal.

Message 64 of 68
Latest reply

How to pay for dispute

Thanks Lyndal, yes I'm saving the reply to that feedback for last. And I will only post after consulting you guys here!

This is what eBay sent me (the paragraphs that aren't the usual cut and paste response):

I understand you would like to have the comment removed as it has made mention of getting eBay involved and would also like to know why the comment you left for the buyer has been removed.

I checked the transaction together with the feedback and I would like to inform you that the feedback is not removable. The comment only made mention of getting eBay involved. It did not say that eBay ruled in their favour. We only remove comments that is related to an investigation or outcome of the dispute.

The feedback comment you left for the buyer was removed since sellers are not allowed to leave negative comments for buyers with positive rating.

Message 65 of 68
Latest reply

How to pay for dispute

You have one very cluey buyer there....they obviously know how to word feedback so it will not be removable.

All the more reason not to waste your right of reply.

What a pity you wasted your feedback left for the buyer....she obviously knew to have it removed.

Message 66 of 68
Latest reply

How to pay for dispute

Yes I agree, I think I'm against one very experienced scammer here. 😞

Message 67 of 68
Latest reply

How to pay for dispute

Have you had any luck arguing the decision?

Message 68 of 68
Latest reply