How would u respond to this email from a disatisfied buyer??

Ok clearly this buyer is unhappy, and glad they're in another state or I'd expect a grenade to fly through my window:

i am about to give you the worst feedbak imaginable 
this tin that you sent me is not only scatched everywere, but has been resprayed! it is rusted
and paint missing everywere! there is no infomation at all on this tin to say it is from the 1920..
it is a stupid small rusted tin nothing to do with the twenties.. you have sold me a tin tht u clearly found in the rubbish tip.
you need to fix this up as i want every cent i paid for this **bleep**! 
i also see u dont have a good rating! well if its not fixed ill make sure ur account is shut down
u may as well steal my money i would rather tht than buying not as described items from you

Nice huh!  I note they joined 28 dec 2013 and have a feedback less than ten.  perhaps they have other ids...and I'm not putting down newbies as sometimes they can be the best buyers.

they didn't read the description as nowhere in my listing did I say this has "this in made in the 1920s" written on it.  Its also a vintage item so not pristine and I wrote it had scratches on it.  I know its history and have told them that, its not from where they imply.

regardless they seem set on tarnishing my feedback... if they'd bothered to read my other neg its from a buyer I didn't rec payment from.

I offered them a refund (haven't heard back) - because lifes to short - although I won't be refunding postage. have blocked them.

I sell under another id which is written in my profile I think since you can't name names which is getting close to 5000 feedback.

any other helpful hints?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I dont think you will have any trouble getting a Neg removed and item not as described case thrown out. Thier message starts by mentioning they will give you " the worst feedback ever " and goes on to demand their money back. This is a very clear example of feedback extortion and breaches ebay policy. Contact customer support by phone and report this clown. If they leave a Neg. ask for that to be removed. I would be very suprised if you have any further problems as ebay should send him a red flag.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

No matter how a buyer addresses me, my responses stick to a fairly consistent formula - acknowledge the problem, state what I am prepared to do about it (and why, if it needs pointing out, such as it might be in the case of things like the item is as described but the buyer is not satisfied with condition, size etc), and in regards to this particular message, I would politely but firmly make it clear that I won't respond to threats, nor offer more than is reasonable because of them.

It's best to keep all your communication polite, factual where applicable, and non-personal, IMO, no matter how bad the buyer's attitude seems.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

you're absolutely right of course.  why is it that some people feel they can be so rude when they're behind a screen and not face to face or even on the phone.  ..... keyboard warriors...

btw I didn't bleep the copied message, ebay did.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Send a nice reply saying you are sorry they are not happy and if they care to return to the item you will refund once the item is returned and in the condition it was sent 🙂

But this will not stop them leaving a neg if they are that intent on doing so.

As for the neg from the non payer, did they end up paying you?

If not then you should have opened a non payer dispute and once it was closed you would have been refunded the fees and they would have been blocked from leaving feedback.

If it is not too late you might still get it removed if you call ebay and they did not pay.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I dont think you will have any trouble getting a Neg removed and item not as described case thrown out. Thier message starts by mentioning they will give you " the worst feedback ever " and goes on to demand their money back. This is a very clear example of feedback extortion and breaches ebay policy. Contact customer support by phone and report this clown. If they leave a Neg. ask for that to be removed. I would be very suprised if you have any further problems as ebay should send him a red flag.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply