I A buyer keeps sending me echeques that fail. I blocked her this morning after 2nd failure.

I left feedback for the buyer this morning, using her id so others can recognise her, saying she does not pay and then put her on my blocked buyer list. I also opened an unpaid item case. She sent another echeque half an hour later.

Is my feedback for her ok or will I be in trouble with Ebay? Have I followed the right procedures in general?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I A buyer keeps sending me echeques that fail. I blocked her this morning after 2nd failure.

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.'

You've done good. If they were legit, after the first fail they would have transferred the $ into Paypal and done an instant payment.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: I A buyer keeps sending me echeques that fail. I blocked her this morning after 2nd failure.

If she reports the feedback you could be in trouble. If this echeque goes through, then you can't change that feedback and you've left her with a false positive. She has tried to pay, so at this stage she's not really a non payer in the sense of the word. No idea why the payment wouldn't be going through. Could be she doesn't have enough money in her bank account. Maybe suggest to her to pay as a guest with a credit card if this one fails too?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

A good idea to add this buyer to your blocked buyer list.

Have you tried to contact the buyer? sometimes phone contact can help.

Don't forget to commence a Unpaid Item dispute. At least after 4 days you can get back your ebay fees.

Then make sure you have your buyer blockes in place so that buyers with more than 1 or 2 unpaid item strikes, can't buy from you at all. Saves a lot of heart ache.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.'

You've done good. If they were legit, after the first fail they would have transferred the $ into Paypal and done an instant payment.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply