I NEED HELP!!!!

So heres what happened.

I had just listed my second item on ebay:

500 BULK LOT OF POKEMON CARDS

which were my brothers (11 YO) that he wanted to sell to make some money.

and a person bids on it and wins for 59.99 + 20.00 shipping

I post the item whilst i still have 100% feedback and forget about it

a few days later I receive a message from the buyer saying that i sold them "bootleg" pokemon cards and they want their money back.

I looked at their feedback and apparently she had sold fakes herself to some other people so i said to her that she is making to big of a deal and that I would refund the full amount and asked her if she could destroy the cards.

The buyer then gets angry at me, leaves negative feedback (dropping it down to 50% possitive rating) and opens a dispute on paypal.

tell me honestly, Would you buy off a seller with a 50% positive rating?

My question to you is how can I fix this (the rating) and would it be worth closing my account and opening another one?

-Joshua

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: I NEED HELP!!!!

Bad, bad little brother.  

Why are you letting him know your passwords?

Only got yourself to blame.

Lyndal, those Pokemons you can buy a tin of 100 or something

at the $2 shops for about $5

If I'd paid that much for them, I'd be screaming too

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

I had my computer open and had auto login on ebay

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

Best you not have auto sign in then

Start a new id and don't make the same mistakes

Get little bro to cover the losses

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

And NEVER EVER put rubber bands around trading cards. It is a surefire way to ruin them. I am surprised you got bids on them.

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

@1997crows1998 wrote:

What a bloody idiot is it a full moon out there??????????

Naivete is not the same as stupidity. Let's not forget this is a very new - I suspect  very young - seller who has made a mistake  and come to us for help. May I suugest that friendly advice woud have been a lot more helpful  than contempt.

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

@jjanssen12345 wrote:

I didnt even list the item, My brother went on my computer and listed it on My eBay account

But you said in your OP that you listed them. Must be a smart kid to set all that up, including taking and uploading the photos, knowing which PayPal email address in. Most kids these days don't even know what a capital letter is, let alone a full stop, so he's doing better than most!

If you do close your account, just be aware that it will take 60 days from the last activity until it closes. So make sure that once you close it, you leave it alone so it can go fully inactive.

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

Authenticity of pokemon cards links (little good they will do now_ i just recently conducted this research (long and arduous though it was) and found all the links and reads helpful to know when to flag when you may have fake cards or what are they are also known on the market as "cheat cards"

I ended up with a stack of them after buying them online- sold as authnetic.

The dead give away in my case was they cards features thousdands of hit points.

Do you remember this being a feature on the cards you sold?

Most pokemon cards have hit point values between 30-180 pts.

I hate it that i now know these things, but turns out I could enlighten someone with the knowledge, albeit, semingly a little too late

http://pokemonprices.com/browse_sets

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Scrafty-ONE-CHEATING-POKEMON-CARD-HP9000-Machine-Gun-Headbutt-50X-Great-Kid-G...

i thought one lot were mispirnts: that is when I learned they are all "cheatcards" I have a stack of them....

http://upccc.proboards.com/thread/1344/pokemon-card-misprint-guide

*research is key* once you conquer that everything else will be relatively seemless (most of the time) and fget you to "easy street" the quickest  if you are diligent. Good luck.

Forigve the patronising of folk here- they have been accustomed to spending too much time here.

Many of them could do ebays job for them better than they ebay do themselves though, so you are in generally good hands, if not often rude hands.....

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

This is the best course of auction. Ebay is a sh it nest. It is in part what makes them so unaccountable and a guise of a company.

Just open a new account and start from scratch. It is within ebay heavy handed and nonsensical red taped riddled guidelines that it is perfectly ok for you to do so.

😉

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

To add to my previous post, you don't have to wait for this account to be closed to create a new one. All you need is another email address. If you don't have one, just create a free one, like Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail. You can keep the same PayPal email address, it doesn't have to be the same as your eBay email. Just remember to put the PayPal one in if you decide to sell something as it might automatically insert your eBay one.

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

Must be a smart kid to set all that up, including taking and uploading the photos, knowing which PayPal email address in. Most kids these days don't even know what a capital letter is, let alone a full stop

Are you for real? My 7 year old grandchild could very easily post a listing on ebay and has actually done so under her aunt's superision. She can take, edit and manipulate photos far better than I can and like mosr tech savvy kids these days knows how to use a spell and grammar checker, something an awful lot of adult members obviously can't manage.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 20 of 32
Latest reply