I advertised on eBay - the sale was apparently completed - the money was sent to my PayPal account -

I advertised on eBay - the sale was apparently completed - the money was sent to my PayPal account - but was placed on hold by eBay.

Buyer contacted eBay who claimed it was because I was new customer - payment would be released when item received.

I have been at present address since June 2001.

No changes except for email address and credit card number - all updated however.

This should be easily verifiable by eBay records.

The sale was Local Pickup and PayPal only which was intended as all such issues are avoided.

Buyer is interstate and requests postage.

As the terms are not met if a seller is interstate I intend to void the purchase attempt but eBay will probably deduct the sale fees anyway.

This all could be easily avoided if eBay checked their records and did not tag me as a new customer.

Old email address / old credit card number available.

No credit card issues ever.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

I advertised on eBay - the sale was apparently completed - the money was sent to my PayPal account -

Not sure of your question or who at eBay told you that story

However ALL new sellers AND  those who have not actually sold anything in a long time (regardless of how long they have been a member) are subject to a 21 day hold on all funds. That has been the case for some time and what the person at eBay should have told you

The item needs to be sent within your handling time however 

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

You can cancel the sale using the "problem with buyer's address" and refund the buyer.

As  to the 21 day hold you ARE considered to be new seller, so money will be held in Paypal until you can show the item has been delivered and/or positive feedback received from the buyer.

Edit. G'day sandy, I'm a bit slow as usual.............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Nah, I have just had a few too many coffees today

I'll have to change my name to Buzz at this rate

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

original.gif

Beware of coffee splatter on the keyboard sandy.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

You ARE a new customer, to selling.

You haven't sold anything in over a year.

It is standard for anyone selling on eBay to prove their reliability in providing an honest and professional service.

Best to cancel as buyer didn't read the listing properly being pick up only.

You will get your ebay fees credited back but not the PayPal fees.

If you relist then best to put pick up  xxxx(postcode) in the title as well as the description.

(waves to those with nothing better to do than roam around the boards) Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

(waves to those with nothing better to do than roam around the boards) Smiley Very Happy

Dammit Kopes, I'd just finished cleaning the coffee off the keyboard as well........now I've got to do it all over again.......

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@padi*0409 wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Dammit Kopes, I'd just finished cleaning the coffee off the keyboard as well........now I've got to do it all over again.......

Must be cheap coffee if you're using it as keyboard cleaner.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

image host
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

Maybe I should switch to Horlicks - at least that has malt in it dave.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply