I am REALLY Angry I had member <Removed> buy & DIDNT PAY OR PICK UP. I cant leave Feedback Grrrr

ajl9514
Community Member

I had the member <Removed> buy from me a Playgym on the 17 Jan .

They DIDNT PAY OR PICK UP.

I had to open and close in the resolution case.

I had to do this as I didnt want to be left to pay Fees.

I have relisted the item.

I now tried to leave them BAD FEED BACK which they are Entitlied to.

I CANNOT leave them feedback at all.

I have looked them up and still have a 100% rating.

They also Ignored Ebay for a reason why not paying and picking up

WHY have they still got 100% and why cant I leave them feed back.

GRRRRR

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: I am REALLY Angry I had member <Removed> buy & DIDNT PAY OR PICK UP. I cant leave Fee

Whoops !   I thought it was the right thing to do.  

When  I contacted eBay to ask why I couldn't leave feedback for non-payers,(quite some time ago)  they told me to leave it BEFORE  I closed the case, as it was the only way to warn others they were non-payers !!   I understood,  if they've bought an item and not paid after several days, they have done the wrong thing and other sellers should be warned.

Sorry, I need to re-visit that information ....  and thanks for the advice.

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

Re: I am REALLY Angry I had member <Removed> buy & DIDNT PAY OR PICK UP. I cant leave Fee

I wonder if eBay would consider ASCII emoticons and the like "negative".

ಠ_ಠ

ಠ̯ಠ

¯\(°_o)/¯

I'm sure there's more creative ones that could tell a story. 😄

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Well that's not very good advice from eBay.
The best thing to do with these non payers is to open/close a UPI case. The buyer then gets a strike.
Then make sure you have your buyer requirements set to auto block buyers who have two or more strikes in 12 months. If all sellers do this then these pests can't shop on here easily.
Don't worry about feedback. It does nothing but make you feel better. So use the tools available to you to best advantage.
Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Yes I agree 🙂

I do all of those things .... I open a case, .... then leave the feedback before I close it and block the buyer.

EBay's explanation was that the feedback warns other sellers to beware ... in the case when I rang, it was a 'serial non payer' and that was there advice.  They said you could only leave 'positive' but it was okay to say they were non-payers.   (the capital letters was my idea 🙂

Never mind, that was a long time ago ... I will definitely check with them if the need arises in the future.   Thanks for telling me ... I sincerely thought this was completely legitimate.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

Also go onto Facebook eBay Australia buyer name and shame and get their name out there that way we can all block them
Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

That's a great idea.

Non paying bidders, those who bid away and then change their mind and have no communication with the seller, make no payment, they deserve to have their account suspended for a month as soon as a unpaid item dispute goes through. It would soon send a message to some of the buyers out there.

Maybe they would just open a new account but the point is, it would cause inconvenience to them. A consequence for doing the wrong thing is one of the quickest ways to get through to people.

I understand why the original poster feels upset and is asking about feedback but I would never, ever, give a bad buyer a positive green dot just to add a couple of negative type comments. The result of that is just to send that buyer's score right up, so it looks like they are a reliable person.

If they buy a fair bit, the comments will move lower and lower down, maybe even to another page and won't be seen by many, but their positive total score will be.

Best way is no feedback at all for bad buyers, and a one month suspension for non payers would be a great idea but I am betting ebay won't bring it in.

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN ?

I can't understand why we can't leave feedback (positive of course!), to advise that a buyer did not complete the sale,  eg no contact and no payment after purchasing an item.

A seller can leave NEGATIVE feedback and say anything they like, yet you say we don't have the right to leave POSITIVE, and warn other sellers that the buyer didn't pay.   I have read some very blatant feedback about non-payers with very nasty comments, .... I don't agree with that.

Is there someone out there who can tell me what the actual RULE is.

I posted the procedure I use earlier in this chain, but apparently I'm doing something that's illegal ??

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Go to Facebook, look up eBay Australia buyer name and shame, then name this person so we can add them onto our special list!
Message 18 of 18
Latest reply