I am awaiting payment to my bank account for an item listed as sold (and paid for) some 60 days ago.

arttarts
Community Member

I am now choosing to go to eBay, as Paypal have given me 9 "boilerplate" similar, unsuitable answers.  Only one reply hinted that I may have 2 accounts - news to me and there is only one of me.

1.  Item sold more than 60 days ago and notification of payment received ($130.13).  Item dispatched.  Paypal listed as only payment method.  Item is a "tracer - projector".

2.  No payment made to listed bank account even after 60 days.

3.  One reason hinted at but not advised upon that there are 2 Paypal accounts in my name but no information on how to correct this.  (This is news to me, but I noticed that although I am listed as a relatively new member of Paypal, I have actually been a member for more than 10 years.)  A question in my mind is that perhaps I also have a "ghost" membership of eBay.  I have, at this stage no record of the original - lost in the mists of time-  joining date. 

4.  Verification of bank account is not effective as amount depositied is always greater than $1.  I do not know whether it is this that is holding up  the payment.  No changes have been made of bank account numbers for yonks. 

5..  Although Paypal has made no payment,  I notice that money has been deducted for purchases and charges on this current item.  Why no payment?  This again suggests that these amounts are taken from a "ghost" account.  

6..  I have approached the bank, but I am satisfied that the problem does not lie there.

7.  There is no way I would trust eBay for selling until this matter is resolved - money down the drain.

Can anyone help.  I am not exactly a "bloated plutocrat".  I need that money,  

Kind regards,

Arttarts.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am awaiting payment to my bank account for an item listed as sold (and paid for) some 60 days ago.

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Also, did you upgrade your paypal account when you started selling or did you start a new one.....that may account for the suggestion that there are two accounts and your money may be in the one you are not looking at (if that makes sense).

Good point.

arttarts you need to upgrade the PayPal account from private to Premier to accept payments.

I would call PayPal. 1800 073 263

image host

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Was your money subjected to the 21 day hold by paypal as you are a new seller?

Was it ever released back to your paypal account.  Once you have received feedback for the item and the tracking shows it has been delivered you can ring paypal and request the money to be released.

Once the money is back in your paypal account you can then withdraw it to your bank account....it does not happen automatically.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry to state the obvious but have you looked at your PayPal account ?

If you are paid via PayPal the funds remain there until you manually transfer them to your bank account.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Also, did you upgrade your paypal account when you started selling or did you start a new one.....that may account for the suggestion that there are two accounts and your money may be in the one you are not looking at (if that makes sense).

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

Good point.

arttarts you need to upgrade the PayPal account from private to Premier to accept payments.

I would call PayPal. 1800 073 263

image host
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Unfortunately there is no indication of any seller activity. I do appreciate your reply.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Thank you "life is wonderful" - looking at all of your suggestions.
Kind regards, Arttarts.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Did you check your Paypal account? And the listing to see what Paypal account was contained therein?

Your original question said you were waiting for money in your bank account - that is not automatic. You have to do it manually.

I would certainly pursue it if it was my money. And time is a-ticking. Every fortnight you wait to dribble a bit more information is a fortnight lost towards statutory timeframes.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

You changed your ID, it seems.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply