I am trying to list an item to sell but the listing shows ME as the wrong title. Why? Who did it?

trrod6430
Community Member

My Ebay name has been changed and my history of selling, therefore, is not shown. Who changed my name? Why was my name changed? This prevents prospective buyers from reviewing my history. What can I do? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I am trying to list an item to sell but the listing shows ME as the wrong title. Why? Who did it?

The account you are posting on here was only created two weeks ago and would have very little selling history

The only person/people that can change your username is those who have access to your account

BUT

Even if the user name was changed, that does not clear the member's selling history/feedback etc 

That only happens if it is a brand new, different account 

Is it possible someone else in your household who uses your computer has an eBay account that they have left themselves signed in on, so that when you opened the eBay page, they are still showing as being signed in (hence, they are showing as being 'you' ) 

Have you tried signing out, clearing cache ect and then signing in under your 'old' user name ?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

This is a new account.

Did you perhaps misspell your original account ID when you logged in and ebay has taken it as a new account?

Have you tried logging into your original account with the correct password?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You need to log into your selling account. This is not it.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

What are the chances....3 of us all posting at the exact same time?Smiley Surprised

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Scary, given that it's a struggle to log in these days.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply