I can't list a plant (flower rhizome) in Australia, which multiple other sellers are listing

I have attempted to list my Canna Lilly rhizomes, which are sold by several other Australian eBay sellers, but I get an error from eBay telling me it's against Plants and Seeds policy and I can't list it.

Why?

I already sell other plants.

In fact, I buy a stack of seeds from Australian suppliers, so why is eBay trying to stop  my listing? Is there something in my listing triggering the rejection?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

I can't list a plant (flower rhizome) in Australia, which multiple other sellers are listing

What other sellers do really does'nt come into anything

Did you try spelling lily with one l rather than two?

Did you originally open your account on eBay USA?

Could it be a state specific thing?

Was this just today (Fridays being known for glitches)

You would need to ask eBay if you want an eBay answer

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

You do have one current listing for a Canna Lily. It might depend on where you are as Canna lily (Canna indica) is regarded as an environmental weed in New South Wales and south-eastern Queensland, so might be blocked in those states??

But it is Friday - and eBay is well known for having gremlins/glitches on Friday.

Considering there are a few listings for these plants, it's most likely just the Friday thing. Try again later.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

I didn't know about the Friday thing ๐Ÿ˜†

You're right, I have 2 current listings, because I decided to strip out all the details from my listings that identified them as plants. They're now in the generic "Home & Garden" category ๐Ÿ˜

And no, I didn't know it was classified as a weed! I'm in NSW. I checked all the other listings and there are some in NSW, Vic, QLD and WA. I also noticed some well-known garden stores selling them online without restriction to destination, so hopefully that indicates it's not a banned plant, just hated.

I better do a bit more research.

Thanks for your feedback!

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

That still doesn't explain why numerous Canna Lilies are currently listed.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

That still doesn't explain why numerous Canna Lilies are currently listed.

Well if the OP is concerned they can review the rules and variations between the listings,   no my job to go and review it all,  I am just providing the links for them to do research.   

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

If there are blocks in place, people may have found a way to circumvent them. Remember we live in an era when everyone is jumping up and down about their rights and no-one cares about their responsibilities (like the two can be separated!).

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply