I cannot reply to any messages

I cannot reply to any of the messages I get through email or ebay. the 'box' does not show up.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

After you hit reply, the part where you can reply is below the message you are repyling to. Have you scrolled down to that part?

edit: that happens when I reply via received msg in my email a/c.

A box does pop up if I am in my ebay, messages.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I had this problem as well. I eventually  resolved it by switching OFF 'compatibility view' this is the icon next to your refresh button, looks like a broken sheet of paper. I had cv switched on previously as ebay was a site designed for older browsers and the menus were all over the place. They are now a little more uptodate so cv needed to be off..

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

I replied to a buyers question, then he sent another question, but eBay stopped my reply, saying that buyers and sellers are not allowed to exchange email addresses! Neither the buyer or I had included an email address at all. I tried again to contact him, but the same thing happened. He will not be able to get an answer to his question. New problem!
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

You could be stuck in a loop persisting from eBay blocking you. Try the usual, switch off the compatibility view, clear out cookies and cache and reboot. If this does not work make sure you have the latest version of your browser. eBay will not be running on older versions as a security measure.

change to another browser if problems cannot be fixed, as eBay is more compatible with Firefox and Chrome than with IE.

the other thing is, if using a mobile device, best to use the browser in full or classic view, not the mobile view. The eBay app is also fraught with problems so best to use a browser.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

As a user of the eBay app for years now I have never had a problem sending or receiving messages
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Thank you amber-eyed-girl for that.
I have found no trouble with any other messages after that one I had trouble with, a second question from a buyer (he had pressed 'buy', but after I had sent him the invoice and pick up details he sent a second question...would I take less? And his phone number)
He had included his phone number in the 2nd question, obviously thinking that I would phone him, which I never do, as I like to have a message trail through eBay messages, just in case.
I was trying to tell him after the 'offer' question that he was now the buyer, and had 4 days to pay.
That was the message that eBay blocked, saying that neither the buyer or seller were able to send their email addresses through eBay messages.
Actually, after someone presses 'buy' their email address is right there for me to see anyway.
I asked eBay to answer it for me, to tell him he was a buyer now, not an offerer.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@wilk1149 wrote:
As a user of the eBay app for years now I have never had a problem sending or receiving messages

I have, on an iPad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Maybe because mine is the android app. iDont buy iCrap
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

I was given mine, but thanks for your comment 🙂

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply