I need to vent. Oh why of why....

Just need to vent here as this really boggles my mind on how some people even remember to breathe.

I send an item the customer purchased the day after they pay for it. Which was a Monday. It went via normal post in a PB2. According to Australia Post, this will take 2-6 working days to arrive. Normal...

I get a dispute via PP over the weekend that the item hasn't arrived. With a pretty average and rude message from the buyer saying, xxxx (it seems PayPal have removed what was said here) item send only 10 km away and I never received my item until now (full working week). Please refund so I can buy it from someone else.

My repsonse :  that we not NOT have control over how fast, or slow AP take to deliver, explained to them that the item needs to go via a sorting centre first and it just does not go from PO to PO, and I linked them to the AP page where it shows delivery times.

Buyers repsonse : Do not treat me like dump ass.

Dump ass. Well...Lol.

My Repsonse : How am I treating you like a dumb ass? I just tried to explain to you how it works.

Buyers response : The way you explain sound like we live in the third country, not in Australia. I bought a lot off things on ebay and this is a first time ever that I was so wrong about your 100% feedback. I am sick of waiting, please refund so I can buy somewhere else.

What tha!!!!

Now Paypal have stopped all communication between myself and the buyer. And want postal proof. Its only a low cost item and it was sent without tracking so I know I've lost on this, which I'm not concerned about, its the attitude...

So. I try to explain how the system works, just because they are close to use they think postage will be quicker. Really.

Plus I cannot show PP that he actually states he recieved the item.... I know I wont win on that because its the buyer lack on English I'm guessing thats caused this error...

So now I have to waster more time ringing PP and explaining his error. Just to mess it up more for some fun on my behalf.

Getting real sick and tired of ilinformed oxygen theives lately.... Hope this guy is reading this. Some people just think they have the right to be rude behind their keyboard just because they are a customer and think they are right and don't like it when shown they are not.

Vent over. Coffee time!!!!

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Oh some folks are just treasures,are'nt they 

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

I've just made a cup of tea, so cheers! Last year I posted 2 parcels to the same person (paid separately) at exactly the same time (save for 2 minutes). He lives about 3 hours from here. 1 parcel appeared to go straight to his nearest sorting centre and arrived in 2 days. The other went the other direction to Chullora and took 10 (calender) days to arrive. I posted a parcel last week to a lady in the same small town and hers went via Chullora and took 3 days. You just can't pick it. That's the kind of thing these impatient buyers don't see. They expect to receive it before they've even bought it.

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

I know I've lost the money, its the risk I am willing to take. This only happens maybe once in every 200 or so PB2's. I think I am just going to drag this out now. A neg will be on its way for sure but I really couldn't care less right now.
I think I might be getting the grumpy old **bleep** disease. And just can't put up with people like this anymore. And I'm only 42!
I am just curious to why PP had actually stopped all discussions. I have to ring them now.
Bla! Nuva coffee then! Haha!
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

@northern_4x4 wrote:

Just need to vent here as this really boggles my mind on how some people even remember to breathe.

I send an item the customer purchased the day after they pay for it. Which was a Monday. It went via normal post in a PB2. According to Australia Post, this will take 2-6 working days to arrive. Normal...

I get a dispute via PP over the weekend that the item hasn't arrived. With a pretty average and rude message from the buyer saying, xxxx (it seems PayPal have removed what was said here) item send only 10 km away and I never received my item until now (full working week). Please refund so I can buy it from someone else.

My repsonse :  that we not NOT have control over how fast, or slow AP take to deliver, explained to them that the item needs to go via a sorting centre first and it just does not go from PO to PO, and I linked them to the AP page where it shows delivery times.

Buyers repsonse : Do not treat me like dump ass.

Dump ass. Well...Lol.

My Repsonse : How am I treating you like a dumb ass? I just tried to explain to you how it works.

Buyers response : The way you explain sound like we live in the third country, not in Australia. I bought a lot off things on ebay and this is a first time ever that I was so wrong about your 100% feedback. I am sick of waiting, please refund so I can buy somewhere else.

What tha!!!!

Now Paypal have stopped all communication between myself and the buyer. And want postal proof. Its only a low cost item and it was sent without tracking so I know I've lost on this, which I'm not concerned about, its the attitude...

So. I try to explain how the system works, just because they are close to use they think postage will be quicker. Really.

Plus I cannot show PP that he actually states he recieved the item.... I know I wont win on that because its the buyer lack on English I'm guessing thats caused this error...

So now I have to waster more time ringing PP and explaining his error. Just to mess it up more for some fun on my behalf.

Getting real sick and tired of ilinformed oxygen theives lately.... Hope this guy is reading this. Some people just think they have the right to be rude behind their keyboard just because they are a customer and think they are right and don't like it when shown they are not.

Vent over. Coffee time!!!!

I read this as being that the buyer HAS received them.

Make sure you put this buyer on your BBL.

I hope your day gets betterMan Happy

xxj

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

I'm not about to try and make excuses for the buyer's attitude, because I do see it as rude, and I'd be ticked off too, but I wanted to mention even though the wording of their messages would make any native English speaker suspect that they had received the item, I've communicated with enough people where English was their second (or 3rd, or 4th 🙂 ) language to know that most of the time, "until now", is more intended as "at this point in time", or "so far". 

That is, "I have not received the item until now", very more than likely was meant as "I have not received the item yet" (they are also asking for a refund so they can buy it elsewhere, which one would usually assume they want to buy from somewhere else because they don't have the one they originally bought). 

When a PayPal dispute is escalated to a claim, the buyer and seller are no longer able to communicate with each other via the resolution centre, so I suspect that may be the reason you can no longer send messages there and a refund is likely inevitable now, unless the buyer receives the item before PayPal make a decision and let them know (one can only hope). 

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

i agree with janeababe - that they have it.  until you've dealt with aust post both sides of the transaction do you understand how silly the system is AP that is.  

sounds like this person is after a freebie.  maybe they wanted it in time for mothers day but

I totally hear you I'd be mad too.  you didn't do anything wrong!

try to move on, easy for me to to say, in one respect I'd block them and try not to make a refund and keeping the product easy for them on the other its better not to drag it out for your sake... sanity

can you give us a hint on buyer id... so we can avoid this not terribly nice person!

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

whoops and I should have said, its polite to contact the seller BEFORE opening a case..... courteous.... it used to be in ebay guidelines, don't know if it still is.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Haha! Cheers guys and Gals.
It hasn't ruined my day thats for sure. I just needed to vent of a little frustration. I'm currently on hold with PP and are asking about the buyers first comment. Not holding my breath on it.
Seems I have my first neg too in 5 or so years! Is there a club or something I can now join!
Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

In your reply to the paypal Dispute I would include a Statutory Declaration that you posted the item on such and such a day, in a street letter box, Post Office etc located at wherever.  Also state that if you loss the dispute you will be providing a copy of the Stat Dec to the FSO.  You will probably still lose the dispute, but obtain a discretionary refund from Paypal for the amount.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 10 of 27
Latest reply