I need to vent. Oh why of why....

Just need to vent here as this really boggles my mind on how some people even remember to breathe.

I send an item the customer purchased the day after they pay for it. Which was a Monday. It went via normal post in a PB2. According to Australia Post, this will take 2-6 working days to arrive. Normal...

I get a dispute via PP over the weekend that the item hasn't arrived. With a pretty average and rude message from the buyer saying, xxxx (it seems PayPal have removed what was said here) item send only 10 km away and I never received my item until now (full working week). Please refund so I can buy it from someone else.

My repsonse :  that we not NOT have control over how fast, or slow AP take to deliver, explained to them that the item needs to go via a sorting centre first and it just does not go from PO to PO, and I linked them to the AP page where it shows delivery times.

Buyers repsonse : Do not treat me like dump ass.

Dump ass. Well...Lol.

My Repsonse : How am I treating you like a dumb ass? I just tried to explain to you how it works.

Buyers response : The way you explain sound like we live in the third country, not in Australia. I bought a lot off things on ebay and this is a first time ever that I was so wrong about your 100% feedback. I am sick of waiting, please refund so I can buy somewhere else.

What tha!!!!

Now Paypal have stopped all communication between myself and the buyer. And want postal proof. Its only a low cost item and it was sent without tracking so I know I've lost on this, which I'm not concerned about, its the attitude...

So. I try to explain how the system works, just because they are close to use they think postage will be quicker. Really.

Plus I cannot show PP that he actually states he recieved the item.... I know I wont win on that because its the buyer lack on English I'm guessing thats caused this error...

So now I have to waster more time ringing PP and explaining his error. Just to mess it up more for some fun on my behalf.

Getting real sick and tired of ilinformed oxygen theives lately.... Hope this guy is reading this. Some people just think they have the right to be rude behind their keyboard just because they are a customer and think they are right and don't like it when shown they are not.

Vent over. Coffee time!!!!

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I agree that by 'until now' the buyer actually means 'up to this point in time'.

Message 11 of 27
Latest reply

@bluebudgies wrote:

I agree that by 'until now' the buyer actually means 'up to this point in time'.

May be, maybe not.

The only person who really knows the truth is the buyer, true?

I also work with a lot of LOTE folk, and/or low LLN folk.

The main reason I considered that this person is not really that LOTE is the sentence structure.

Anyway, in all seriousness, if the buyer only lived 10kms away from the seller, I really dont know why they just didnt pick up the item!
Too easy for some, it seems! Man Wink

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 12 of 27
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

I'm not about to try and make excuses for the buyer's attitude, because I do see it as rude, and I'd be ticked off too, but I wanted to mention even though the wording of their messages would make any native English speaker suspect that they had received the item, I've communicated with enough people where English was their second (or 3rd, or 4th 🙂 ) language to know that most of the time, "until now", is more intended as "at this point in time", or "so far". 

That is, "I have not received the item until now", very more than likely was meant as "I have not received the item yet" (they are also asking for a refund so they can buy it elsewhere, which one would usually assume they want to buy from somewhere else because they don't have the one they originally bought). 

When a PayPal dispute is escalated to a claim, the buyer and seller are no longer able to communicate with each other via the resolution centre, so I suspect that may be the reason you can no longer send messages there and a refund is likely inevitable now, unless the buyer receives the item before PayPal make a decision and let them know (one can only hope). 

You are 100% correct DG.

My wife is Chinese and this is exactly how she uses the ords "until now". I have gottent used to it.

Message 13 of 27
Latest reply

I'd be arguing that by their own admission (with the item not being received until now), the buyer has stated they have possession of the item.

Message 14 of 27
Latest reply

@rocket2retro wrote:

I'd be arguing that by their own admission (with the item not being received until now), the buyer has stated they have possession of the item.

I would too. Very vigorously, in an effort to win my case.

BUT

I do believe DG is correct and the buyer was trying to say they had not received the item yet.

HOWEVER

The buyer hasn't given it enough time to arrive, was rude, and seems to be under the impression that even if something is sent, if it doesn't arrive immediately then the seller owes them a refund-even when it is on its way.

I would be fairly sure the item is going to arrive in the next few days, so i would use their incorrect use of English against them to create an element of doubt in the seller's favour in the dispute because I'll tell you this much-if ebay refunds the money to the buyer then they do receive the item a couple of days later, no way will they refund the seller. They'll see it as their due to have a freebie as they were inconvenienced.

Message 15 of 27
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Send them this Aus Post student description to their Email address:

http://auspost.com.au/education/ourpost/students/our-post/parcel-post.html

They may then get the idea that a parcel doesn't go direct to their PO and that in the future they need to

keep that in mind,(other sellers could be impacted by their lack of knowledge),good.gif

Message 16 of 27
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

Send them this Aus Post student description to their Email address:

http://auspost.com.au/education/ourpost/students/our-post/parcel-post.html

They may then get the idea that a parcel doesn't go direct to their PO and that in the future they need to

keep that in mind,(other sellers could be impacted by their lack of knowledge),good.gif

Yeah I though of that but I really couldn't care less to tell you the truth. I will just be wasting more of my time on it.

I spoke with PP yesterday regarding the said comment. The guy was really confused so he said he would pass it on to another "team" to look at. I know I've lost, not worried, I konw he more than likely recieved the item yesterday or today, as going by past experience with posting to this area, it always takes longer than usual.

I will just drag this out as long as I can.

I might aswell have some fun...

I copped a return request today aswell for a part. They stated

Return reason : Doesn't seem authentic

Comments : The item is different to the existing hose on the car. Would prefer to have the same hose

I've been in this industry for the best part of 30 years. I know when they've just ordered the wrong item and dont wanto to fork out the return postage. I covered all my bases in the item description. So it time to make life hard for this person now.

Can you tell I'm kinda getting over this? Lol.

Good thing I'm just selling off my stock and shutting down when its gone. I've had enough of dealing with the uneducatated. Not all are like this, but it does seem to be getting worse. More and more people are trying to do their own repairs to save a dollar and just end up ordering wrong items and then kicking up a fuss.

Message 17 of 27
Latest reply

What was ebays estimated delivery time? I was just browsing their refunds speel and it says if not arrived by due date buyers should raise item not received claim which seller has only 3 days to resolve or they can get a refund via ebay..So it is encouraging buyers to expect a refund if not arrived by due date.

I think lightening fast request for refunds for not making estimated delivery dates will become more common.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 18 of 27
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

What was ebays estimated delivery time? I was just browsing their refunds speel and it says if not arrived by due date buyers should raise item not received claim which seller has only 3 days to resolve or they can get a refund via ebay..So it is encouraging buyers to expect a refund if not arrived by due date.

I think lightening fast request for refunds for not making estimated delivery dates will become more common.

That is the reason many of us have extended our handling tie too 5 days. Of course buyers have always been able to open a dispute even before the due date if they go through Paypal which is what the OP's buyer did.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 19 of 27
Latest reply

I just had a thought. It won't help the OP being an untracked item, but if you send a tracked item that is still showing as in transit and moving, and the buyer opens a dispute and wins, you could use My Post to intercept and redirect the parcel back to you. You can get parcels redirected up until it's onboard with the driver for delivery today. It might play the buyer at their own game and stop them getting the item and the refund.

Message 20 of 27
Latest reply