I sold a dvd with no refund offered, now buyer says it doesn't work and wants refund.

mtbjo
Community Member

I sold a dvd set that worked fine for me and was listed it as "No refund offered". The buyer says it doesn't work and wants a refund. I am worried she will leave neg feedback so am considering it. Do I just wear the loss of the postage cost and refund? If it was listed as "No refund offered" why does ebay allow a refund request? Does the buyer cover the return post cost? Will ebay rebate my seller fees?

thanks folks. After postage and fees I only made a coupla dollars, ebay is getting too exy to bother......

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I sold a dvd with no refund offered, now buyer says it doesn't work and wants refund.

For items not as descibed I think paypal have 6 months and ebay is 45 or 60 days.

For change of mind they can not force you to take it back if you do not accept returns. Unfortunatually with ebays system a buyer will just say something doesn't work if they want a refund and then the return post is payed by the seller. Plus you get a defect.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: I sold a dvd with no refund offered, now buyer says it doesn't work and wants refund.

Do not refund a thing till you have it back and it is in the condition it was sent.

It might be a damaged one they have swapped for a good one.

If they leave neg feedback if it is not in breach of any policy then you will have to wear it unfortunately.

Message 2 of 16
Latest reply

All buyers now have a 30 day money back guarantee so even if you put no refunds it won't matter you will still need to give a refund if the item is not as described.

Message 3 of 16
Latest reply

I am guessing it is an issue with the dvd's region and dvd player not compatable. No mention of regions in the listing, worked fine for me! thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 16
Latest reply

Our refund policies mean nought. Smiley Sad

Ebay and Pay pal will refund regardless of what our policy says.Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 16
Latest reply

wow! is that an ebay rule, the 30 day guarantee? So why do they allow it to be listed with "No refunds accepted". That's it for me and ebay, there are so many cheaper options! thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 16
Latest reply

thanks for your advice.... do you know

Does the buyer cover the return post cost? Will ebay rebate my seller fees?

thanks again

Message 7 of 16
Latest reply

Ebay allows you to put in whatever you want in the listing but at the end of the day it counts for nothing if it's against ebays policy.

Message 8 of 16
Latest reply

thanks Sparklz, I will check it works, again, when I get it back. mmmmm possibly a shifty buyer?

Message 9 of 16
Latest reply

I'm afraid that the postage cost will be refunded to the buyer as well at your expense.

Message 10 of 16
Latest reply