I think Registered Post should be mandatory

Im really sure that Ebay should have Registered post as a mandorty selection if your selling something.

Your almost sure to lose the item by not sending it Registered!

#MakeRegisteredMandatory ๐Ÿ˜›

Seriously tho, can sellers just start offering it? would make things a lot easier and smoother!

One of Ebay's "Notorious" original wack jobs!
Rarely Seen, Rarely Heard, Im silent, you wont ever know im there!
Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

imastawka
Honored Contributor

And who, pray tell, is gunna pay $5 postage for a $2 item?

Not many sales there, buddy.

Message 2 of 34
Latest reply

Depending on the item naturally ๐Ÿ˜›
One of Ebay's "Notorious" original wack jobs!
Rarely Seen, Rarely Heard, Im silent, you wont ever know im there!
Message 3 of 34
Latest reply

I think it a better start that ebay quit siding with the buyer every single time no matter

And get rid of their nonsense fantasy land 'estimated delivery dates'

But that is just my humble opinion

If sellers HAD to offer no less than registered post, ebay would only insert some loophole of their own making to over ride it

Message 4 of 34
Latest reply

Nothing is wrong with the buyer messaging the seller asking to be invoiced for registered mail.

I have free registered post for orders over $50.  Anything else is self-insured and not a problem.

Message 5 of 34
Latest reply

@the_hunter04 wrote:

Im really sure that Ebay should have Registered post as a mandorty selection if your selling something.

Seriously tho, can sellers just start offering it? would make things a lot easier and smoother!

Why do you think that anything sent unregistered is sure to be lost?

That hasn't been my experience. A lot of my recent buys have come by ordinary post with no worries at all.

In fact I haven't had anything lost, ever, that i can recall. Sometimes things might be a bit slow but they get here.

The only hassle I had was a few weeks back with a registered item (not from ebay) that got delivered okay, but to a completely different address!! Luckily the man who received it (who had the same surname as us) came round and dropped it off.

If I were selling, I would definitely use registered post for anything other than small, cheap items though. 

Message 6 of 34
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Nothing is wrong with the buyer messaging the seller asking to be invoiced for registered mail.

I have free registered post for orders over $50.  Anything else is self-insured and not a problem.

Ditto.

I have had 2 items go missing out of about 2000 sent as letters.

Message 7 of 34
Latest reply

@the_hunter04 wrote:

Sellers who only send parcels technically can't send registered, though they can send with signature on delivery (a service that is not always provided, though). I offer registered on all of my letter-rate items, because why not, but I get maybe 2 or 3 people a year who choose to pay for it, which is considerably less than 1% of my buyers. 

To be honest, if I was not in a position to be able to purchase the labels in bulk for the reduced rate, and / or could not get to a post office daily in order to buy and / or lodge registered stuff, I might not offer it at all, since it would pretty much do the opposite of making things easier and smoother for the minute percentage of people who specifically want to have to sign for the package, nor for me, and what's essentially "do-able" for the seller also matters.

I never used to offer express, because I couldn't guarantee fast dispatch for various reasons (namely, lack of petty cash, since I try to keep the bulk of my funds in non-immediately accessable places...), and it's only since I could purchase express labels for post-paid flat-rate satchels online that I put it on the majority of my listings. 

Message 8 of 34
Latest reply

some buyers specifically dont wont to have to sign, as they are not home and can't get to their local PO in opening hours.

I have offered sign for delivery as an option and virtually no one ever opts for it. Since the introduction of Ebay labelling system I have had negligible parcels go missing altogether. Hardly anyone takes up express either.

sign for and registered at the end of the day is for seller protection not the buyers, as INR is buyers insurance

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 9 of 34
Latest reply

@the_hunter04 wrote:

This is not tweeter or facebook. Those # things serve no purpose here apart from making you look like a nong.

Message 10 of 34
Latest reply