I've had it with Click and Send, arrghhh!

boomct
Community Member

Ok, so it's a rant I have regularly, but now I've really had it with Click and Send!

Tried to use the service this afternoon, but every ebay purchase I tried to process kept giving me the error message of : "Postcode is not a valid value."

Every postcode I tried to use was indeed the correct one, but I just kept getting the same error message.

Then I tried using a different browser, as Click and Send has been known not to work on certain browsers.  So I changed from Chrome to Firefox. 

I'm not even getting in on Firefox, now just getting:

"This service is currently unavailable. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Please try again later. If you continue to receive this message, please contact us."

Hmmmnnn.  You don't really want me to contact you Click and send, because I'm just a wee bit irritated.  Just a wee bit . . . .

And I already had to go into the post office today to process some parcels that didn't fit into standard 500g satchels (because anything weighing under 500g MUST be smaller than 335mm x 220mm right?  Not to mention their 3kg satchels that always seem just that little bit smaller than the parcel I have to send.  Arrghh!

Sorry for the rant everyone, but I'm just trying to send these parcels off ASAP because I like buyers to get their stuff as soon as possible after payment. And Australia Post seems to love making things difficult!!!   Ok, now there's perhaps some paranoia . .  . .

Anyone have any advice or similar experiences with this?

Thanks!

Boo

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: I've had it with Click and Send, arrghhh!

The C&S glitch that shows NT suburbs is a known issue that they have been "working" on for some time now.

There is an easy workaround that works most of the time. When you press search and it shows the list of NT suburbs, simply remove the suburb/city entered altogether and just make sure the Postcode is correct, then press the search button.

It will show a list of the suburbs for the postcode entered, so then just select the suburb and all will be fine.

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I don't know why there is such an outpouring of anger at click & send for what is usually the buyer's mistake.

Sometimes, when a postcode covers more than one suburb it shows as an error, in those cases just clicking on the question mark fixes it although you need to make sure it has not defaulted on the state.

Sometimes it is because the buyer has entered the capital city instead of the suburb, I always check that first and correct it before going any further.

The other common fault is them putting things the wrong way round, if they live in ebayland north but enter it as north ebayland then it is rejected, again not click & send's fault and a quick postcode check gived you the correct form.

Having said all that I find that it is only about one in ten that has a problem which takes seconds to fix, well worth it for the cheaper postage and seller protection.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

hi. iI had the same problem because someone had their suburb as "Wattleglen" intead of "Wattle Glen". (forgot the space it is two words). It is in victoria and when the suburb and postcode didnt match up it defaulted back to ACT instead of VIC. Took me half an hour to figure out. So recheck the spelling of the suburb. Post code matches up and change the state back to your state form the ACT.

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

this thread is about to have its 1ST BIRTHDAY~~~ and some of the info is no irrelevant.......

if you have a problem start a new thread.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

I hear you sister! It is often an inexplicable problem. right now is it telling me my own address is not there...but it is!!!!

Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

Do you really think the OP cares, after a year? I'm sure they have sorted it, and if you READ the thread not only will you know how to write your address in the format Australia Post require/recognise, but you will have no need to post on old threads.

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

Yep a lot less hassle
Message 17 of 17
Latest reply