I want to list an item as pick up only however eBay won't allow me to remove the postage option

trishanned
Community Member

I want to list an item as pick up only however eBay won't allow me to remove the postage option.  Is it possible to list an item without a postage option? 

Need to list as "pick up only".

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: I want to list an item as pick up only however eBay won't allow me to remove the postage option

The section directly below your payment options is postage

next to the heading "Add postage details is a blue hyperlink "add or remove options"

Add postage details   Add or remove optionsGet help

click on that and you get a pop up box that allows you to select pick up only options.

then the option will appear on the listing page under the domestic postage thing - tick tha

I'm not sure if you also have to tick free post, so have a look how that turns out, and you may have to go back and edit and tick that too? (but i don't think so)

should eventually say pick up only.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Re: I want to list an item as pick up only however eBay won't allow me to remove the postage option

If the 'Add or remove options' link isn't there then click on 'Create Postage Policy'. A new window will open up. Give the policy a name - anything you want such as 'No Postage' or 'Pick up Policy' then from the drop down menu under Domestic Postage select 'No Postage : Local pick up only' - Save and Close then complete your listing.

With pick up items it's a good idea to have your suburb or postcode in the title of your item and in the listing give the potential buyers an idea of when the item has to be collected by - for example "Please collect within 7 days of purchase" or whatever timeframe suits you.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Just to clarify.

TSG's is the new version and MM is the earlier version.

For some members it will still have the earlier version and others the new.

image host
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks for clarifying that Kopes - it must be so confusing for new or inexperienced members trying to list 'pick up only'.  A bit of consistency from eBay would be nice Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks everyone, yes it was confusing.  Used the "Select Postage" "Charge a Flat Cost" "Pick up only" - who'd have thought!

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Had the same issue - what a debarcle ebay.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, and then there are those that list a pick up item with an iphone or ipad. It will show as Free postage in the search.

So anyone listing Pick up only, no postage, best to do it from a computer, NOT an iphone or ipad.

(It's a programming issue that hasn't been rectified yet)

image host
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

jono7750
Community Member
It wont let me do it 2hrs so frustrating
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

2 hours is better than FOUR YEARS. The time since this thread was last posted on.

Did you try what kopes suggested?

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply