Is anyone else having problems re-listing items containing variations?

unique_autoart
Community Member

Is anyone else having problems re-listing items containing variations? I have quite a few items listed in my eBay store under Art/Prints and all of a sudden the unsold items have suddenly stopped being renewed. When I tried to re-list them I got an error message saying... "It looks like there's a problem with this listing.

• Item listed with variations may not be revised to a category that doesn't support variations
  • Selected category is not enabled for variation listings"

I tried to create a new listing and it seems the Art categories are not supporting the use of variations. The online customer service person told me that the listings were corrupted. This does seem odd considering I've been using the same category for 2 years. 

Dion 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I've been having the same issue as of 2 days ago with the clothing category. I contacted eBay and the rep said they've been noticing other sellers have been calling for the same reason. He said he would forward the issue to the technical support team.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply. Have you heard anything back from eBay? They said they were going to contact me but I haven't heard back from them. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I  have a lsiting with variations and am unable to update prices or quantity on the variations.

Rang EBay support and after 20 minutes on hold they said would refer to techo's for an answer.  That was on Monday and am not holding my breath for a reply.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Excerpt from the eBay Customer Service Dictionary, 11th edition

under "R", in the back section "Commonly used phrases"

refer [...] to our technicians    placatatory phrase. 1. Used in response to some aspect of eBay site being broken if there is no fix at this time. 2. Automatic follow-up if phrase "Clear your cache and delete cookies" fails to appease.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply