I wonder if ebay is losing money?

over 650 items listed of  many types (on two diff ids) and not one peep yesterday or today.

I know theres threads throughout the forum on who turned the lights out, I see the promos ebay is offering re discounts... (not so much the dick smith as they're going under) and I wonder how they are making a profit.

yes they give pref to the big guys but even so, is ebay a thing of the past?  not sure what else I can do to boost my sales, except offer for less money / free but I'd like to make a wee bit of profit...

i also sell items occasionally on FB groups but its been quiet there too, likely olmpics and people having no money to spend...

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: I wonder if ebay is losing money?

Try as they might, eBay have not been able to increase (or add new fees) to keep up with my waning sales. As a result every year for the past 2-3 years I'm now paying less fees than I was 3+ years ago.

Due to slow sales I'm also going to rotate my stock after the current extra free listing promo ends. This will mean I'll never pay a listing fee again, further reducing my overall fees.

Ultimately it will catch up with eBay I surmise.

Thery are riding on a wave of recently bringing the 'big guys' on board.Once they're all signed up then what?

They might feel the pinch of small ersellers jumping ship or giving up due to lack of sales/profits.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

That is hard to do tippy toes if Ebay is my

main source of income for the past 10 years.I have 400+ items to list a month so difficult for me.

All I can say is I will be asking for full time in my job outside of Ebay.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

yeah I will look at doing the same thing.My ebay fees have halved in the last 3 months.Reply to onekiwi

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply