INR Dispute

As expected, the item I mentioned in another post this week, the buyer opened an INR, and rightly so, it was 5 days overdue. I uploaded the tracking number, and when I went to check it in the My Post app, it was still saying pending, as in the label had been created, but not lodged. I scanned the QR code on the postage label like I always do, so I know it was the correct number, and I definitely got a lodgement scan, and still have the receipt.

I not long got home from work and checked the dispute to see if there was any updates. The latest update was "item delivered". On the order details page, it's showing as delivered, yet the app isn't even showing lodgement. What I'm wondering is, do I get some sort of message saying the dispute has been closed due to the item being delivered, or do I have to get the buyer to manually close it? There is nothing anywhere to say it's closed. 

I no longer have the red banner across the top of the order details page. Does that mean it's closed? I don't want to find out in a few days that the buyer gets refunded! This is all new to me, despite having a few years under my belt.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

INR Dispute

I have noticed that sometimes there is a delay before ebay tracking is updated. I've both sent and received parcels and APO tracking shows delivered, but not ebay. Keep the tracking details on your APO account so if for some reason ebay doesn't update, you can use that as evidence.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

INR Dispute

Ebay tracking says delivered, AP tracking on the app (which is usually very reliable) still says it hasn't even been lodged.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

INR Dispute

AP app may be having issues? Try looking on the AP tracking web page. I think if item arrives after case is opened then the buyer needs to close the case - https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/returns-refunds/get-help-item-hasnt-arrived?id=4042&st=7&po=1&uc... . If the case is escalated to Ebay then they look at tracking and close the case. Ebay information can be difficult to interpret (or find) sometimes. Best of luck!

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

INR Dispute

I don't think it's just the app, I think something is amiss with AP tracking info in gerneral

I had a package (not bought on eBay) due *by* Feb 27th

It said 'on time' up until that morning

That afternoon, it vanishes

error message the rest of the day

I ask AP

AP tell me 'but it's not due until March 2nd

I send them a screenshot showing the original dates, with the latest date being Feb 27th

That is ignored

Parcel turns up March 1st

Tracking still says 'delayed' 

No email or test to say it was delivered 

So possibly there is an issue in general with tracking/updates/AP getting stories straight 

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

INR Dispute

They have definitely been having a few issues this year!

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

INR Dispute

Can't help. I use as few apps as possible.

Although the MyPost Business page still shows some parcels from a couple of years ago as 'in transit'.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

INR Dispute

I checked the AP page and it's definitely showing as delivered on that. Obviously my first ever glitch with the AP app!

I just checked the dispute page and it said "buyer closed the request on March 4 as they have received the item". Plus she left a message saying it had finally arrived and it was much appreciated. I did chuck a couple of other small things in with it that I thought she'd like, so that may have softened the blow a bit!

Just to see what happened, I rescanned the QR code from the postage label again just now, and it immediately showed as delivered. 

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

INR Dispute

For auspost having the monopoly on postage its not really reliable, our tracking events mostly never update on eBay, which is frustrating because sometimes the buyer will file an INR case when its awaiting collection.

Just contact customer service to get the case closed

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

INR Dispute

@danieh_6 wrote:

For auspost having the monopoly on postage its not really reliable, our tracking events mostly never update on eBay, which is frustrating because sometimes the buyer will file an INR case when its awaiting collection.

Just contact customer service to get the case closed

You obviouly didn't read my reply, directly above your reply.......

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply