Ideas for packing clothes nicely!

Hi all!!

I was just wondering how people package their clothes and shoes inside satchels to be sent to the buyer. Is tissue paper enough? 

I've received a couple of parcels lately with personalised tags!!! I am feeling the need to step up my packaging!

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Ideas for packing clothes nicely!

tissue of course, and anything in a satchel should be in a ziplock bag too.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I used tissue paper and a sealable, waterproof bag for everything except clothing that went as a letter (thickness matters, and they were placed in an air-tight plastic bag).

If a clothing item had a detached sash, I'd tie that around the clothing in a gift-like bow knot sometimes, just for presentation and my own satisfaction. Smiley LOL

Sometimes, because you can get them for prices not much more than a sheet of tissue paper on occasion, and for the valued customers (i.e. purchased frequently, or several items), I'd use a scarf to wrap the clothing rather than paper before sealing in the plastic bag - a gift with purchase used as packaging / presentation, basically.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Hi,

I sell mainly designer (some vintage) clothing and I rarely used pre-paid satchels, mainly my own wrapping.

Tissue paper is good, but I actually find the clothes present better, wrapped in cellophane. Firstly, it gives the clothes a fresh appearance and secondly, the buyer sees the item from the moment they take it out of the outer wrapping. I

I also include a personalised tag, congratulating the buyer on their win or purchase and thanking them for their custom.

These little touches seem to be appreciated by many buyers and often they include positive comments about the wrapping in their feedback.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

They're all fantastic ideas!!! Thanks everyone!! I actually have a huge garbage bag full of vintage scarves that I was going to donate to charity. Looks like i'll be spending this weekend ironing them all out 🙂 

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

I take great care with all my items, but particualrly on this ID put in extra effort for preworn items.  Accordingly, I often have my packaging specifically mentioned in feedback from buyers.  Whilst it is a business decision to do so, the decision is very much influenced by my own personal preference of how I would like to receive goods when I have made a purchase.

When I used to purchase a lot from ebay (before they hiked my fees through the roof and my sales went down at the same time)  I did packaging research by purchasing goods that I could use or resell, from ebay sellers in my markets where those sellers seemed to have a lot more feedback comments than one would usually expect, that made particular very positive references to presentation and packaging. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I place tissue paper on the item and then fold it round the tissue, the folded item gets placed in a ziplock bag and then I attach a compliments card (courtesy of Vistaprint) with a paperclip and then it goes in a C&S satchel. If I am using my own packaging then I print a label and use a return address sticker (also Vistaprint)

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply