Idiot Sellers leaving positive negatives

I wish I can say that its just the newbie sellers doing it but there are just as many "seasoned" sellers leaving false positives as well.

How are these time wasters meant to be stopped if procedures aren't bring met? I just wish some sellers would get themselves more educated about this site before they decide to go against policy.

All the blocks that I have in place are all for nothing.:|
Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Have to agree, something needs to be done; but from the comments that are posted here, many sellers say they do not want to waste time with disputes.  And they obviously think that rules and regulations do not apply to them.   Maybe eBay needs to offer bigger carrot or get larger stick.  As there really is not much possibility to refund much more than FVF, I bet they will go for the bigger consequences for sellers who leave false positives. 

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 2 of 46
Latest reply

Somewhat confused here lol.

Message 3 of 46
Latest reply

Don't know what you are on about.

Just because sellers leave feedback comments for buyers doesn't mean they haven't issued a strike.

Leaving feedback has nothing to do with Issuing a non-pyment strike.

I have left comments for non-paying bidders that do not contact me.

I have issued strikes for every single one of them - like many other sellers do.

Message 4 of 46
Latest reply

same here! confused about the above posts.

It seams, with following all the procedures and giving strikes to buyers it still doesn't work (prevent them from bidding/buying on ones's items) as Ebay is removing them.

So you can set your preferences, as we did, as most of the sellers would) - still didn't do us any good.

Message 5 of 46
Latest reply

I'm sure most "seasoned" sellers realise that leaving a false postive can result in a policy violation and the feedback will be removed.  Generalising using the word "many" I don't believe is correct:|

Message 6 of 46
Latest reply

Many other sellers means the many other different sellers that have posted to these boards  regarding non-payers, strikes and feedback.

Lol been selling a while now and despite the opinion of a very few regulars, I have yet to see buyers flock to these boards (or answer centre) seeking information regarding how they get a false positive removed.

and ... of course they wouldn't because they don't give a hoot about sellers or feedback.

Message 7 of 46
Latest reply

Don't know what you are on about.

Just because sellers leave feedback comments for buyers doesn't mean they haven't issued a strike.

Leaving feedback has nothing to do with Issuing a non-pyment strike.

I have left comments for non-paying bidders that do not contact me.

I have issued strikes for every single one of them - like many other sellers do.

Leaving strikes dosent seem to have worked in a buyer who has just purchased 3 of my items.  I looked at their feedback and its truly appalling, positive negatives left by both newbie sellers and ones with 1000 plus feedback. I doubt if I will get payment, based on this info.

It makes me think that some (dont want to generalise again lol) sellers arent issuing strikes against this buyer as they got through my blocks.

Message 8 of 46
Latest reply

queen, didn't  you our post?

You keep issuing the strikes, Ebay is removing them!

I asked them recently how on earth was possible for this no hoper not only to bid but win the auction with all our 2 strikes or more in place.

Anyone with at least 8 strikes (we asked the other sellers on her f/back who left truthful comments, even though Ebay is doing their damnest to gag everyone) should have been kicked out as it used to be, 3 strikes and you are suspended.

Not any more, "they remove the strikes according to the value of unpaid items" - or somthing along those lines.

Message 9 of 46
Latest reply

Might be the case that those sellers did not leave strikes as they don't know how to, or are sick to death of non-payers and given up on the strike system.

Or they could have left strikes, that were removed by ebay on request of non-payer due to error, ill health etc etc.

IMO regardless, all it shows is that the current system does not work to prevent and weed out non-payers. IMO it needs improvement to make ebay a safer place for all to trade.

IMO sellers complaining about other sellers leaving alleged "false positives" need to start backing up claims that a strike was not issued. It is a bit of an assumption that, based on other recent threads, is an incorrect one.

I can only thank each and every one of those sellers who did leave feedback for their non-payers as it has enabled me to significantly expand my BBL. 

Message 10 of 46
Latest reply