If you cancel the order does this then cancel the buyers opportunity to leave feedback?

Hi 🙂 Just a quick question regardig feedback. A buyer with a close connection of a competitor has puchased a very low priced item from me. After much thought I am thinking this is to have the opportunity to leave harmful feedback.

So my question is if I refund the order I think they can still leave feedback, so if I cancel the order does this take the opportunity away from them?

I have posted the item anyway, just would perfer to refund to save the drama then block them.

I have screenshot proof that they are connected.

I am bothered by negative feedback.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: If you cancel the order does this then cancel the buyers opportunity to leave feedback?

ilce
Community Member

OK to answer your question. They can still leave any type of feedback if you cancel the order and they paid for the item.

So there is no point cancelling.

Just wait and see. You might be worrying about nothing.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: If you cancel the order does this then cancel the buyers opportunity to leave feedback?

It depends on whether or not you are selling for money or feedback.

I doubt a single neg, especially if replied to in a considered manner, would adversely impact you.

Once again, it's your choice. Personally, I sell for money, not dots on a screen.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

So my question is not regarding money or feedback. 

I want to stop this feedback but don't want to refund if the person can leave feedback anyway. 

Typically if someone was to leave neg feedback and I have done all that is reasonably possible.... I just let it go.

This one is a little complex. 

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It's not complex. If you've already sent the item, then cancelling means you have gifted the item to them.

And generally, if they've paid they can leave feedback. And have to approve a cancellation.

It's not like you've never received less than positive feedback.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@cr.love wrote:

I have screenshot proof that they are connected.

I'm just wondering with how Ebay is setup, how you can prove they are connected.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

I know that negative feedback cannot be left if order is cancelled before payment. Though not sure if the same applies for orders cancelled and refunded.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Have  you considered that cancelling an order without sufficient reason will give you a defect?  

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

ilce
Community Member

OK to answer your question. They can still leave any type of feedback if you cancel the order and they paid for the item.

So there is no point cancelling.

Just wait and see. You might be worrying about nothing.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

They're probably just out of stock and bought it to fulfill one of their own orders before they could get stock in. I think you're becoming concerned far too early.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

They paid and you have sent it off already, so what's this nonsense about cancelling and refunding?

There's no point, you'd just be losing money and from what I can gather, once they have paid, they can leave feedback anyway.

No one likes bad feedback but your ratings are high enough to stand up to unfair comments & for all you know, they may well give you positive feedback or just none at all.

Just sit back, leave well enough alone and brave it out.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply