Incorrect shipping/postage calculated to buyer

Hey Everyone, 

Is anyone else really frustrated or having the same issue that I'm having that Ebay is miscalculating shipping costs to the buyer? I have x4 items now and the worst one being almost 10kg and 65x65x40 and they have only estimated $9.70 for the buyer to pay in shipping. I've spoken to them everyday for the past three days and they keep just saying they're aware or the issue and it's been escalated but I keep getting sales come through with the same mistake.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

$9.70 won't get you a parcel through AP, so I guess you are selecting courier.

Maybe use AP, where parcels are fixed price throughout the country.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

$9.70 won't get you a parcel through AP, so I guess you are selecting courier.

Maybe use AP, where parcels are fixed price throughout the country. And choose fixed price, fill the price in yourself. You only have 54 items, so not a lot to manage.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry about that. Telstra is slow at this time of the day.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I’m using eBay postage labels which calculate shipping based on location. I always have and it’s been fine until the last few days. EBay have admitted fault. I’m just wondering if anyone else is having this issue?

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Not me. I don't use calculated postage, as all mine will go in standard parcels. And location pricing means not AP. Simplify.

What carriers are eBay quoting? Do you trust them? Spend a bit of time to not get bitten.

As I mentioned above $9.70 is not an AP option.

Look into MyPost Business. You won't pay more and, depending on volume, could well pay less.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Your calculated rates, for current and sold items, appears to be showing correct to my location, (rural Qld).

Not showing anything for  $9.70

The dvd players for parts, showed about  $57

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I'm unaware of this happening here.....anyone received the email in Australia?

If so, OP, it might be time to get out of calculated shipping??

What eBay Should Do to Make New Shipping Policy Palatable (ecommercebytes.com)

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Is anyone else really frustrated or having the same issue that I'm having that Ebay is miscalculating shipping costs to the buyer? 

Yes, I think it is affecting some others.

Not that I am a seller. But there was someone posting here the other day about a different issue but he had said this in one of his feedback comments,

Your system failed, once again, postage costs higher than you calculated Do u actually get anything right in your procedure?

Obviously, the comment was aimed at ebay, so it would seem he was having the same issue.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply