Incorrectly charged add fee rate

Hi sellers, I am very annoyed with ebay add rate promotion fees, even though sometimes I will revise an item and turn off the promoted add rate, the item will sell the next day and I still get charged the add fee, well I called ebay today and was told that it can take 24 to 48 hours for it to be processed, meaning even though you have turned off the promted add fee percentage you may still be charged, I think it would have helped if a window comes up informing us that this the case just so we are all aware.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Incorrectly charged add fee rate

@mitty_2010 wrote:

Where are the terms exactly havenโ€™t seen it, also where does it say the 30 day rule, so basically if they put it on their watch list and if they buy it within 30 days you pay  the add fee, I went to look for the terms and canโ€™t find it, by the way the eBay rep did not tell me this , interesting. 

The T&Cs are linked on the campaign set-up page, and also at the link provided above.

Down the end of the page is a list of FAQs, which also contains this:

promo campaign.PNG

It used to be you'd pay the fee if a buyer clicked on a promoted listing and bought it within 90 days, rather the the 30 days it is now, so that's something, I guess.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

The terms quite clearly state that if a buyer clicks on one of your promoted listings and then buys it within the next 30 days you still have to pay the fee.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

just to back up what brerrabbit585 said.. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-15 at 5.36.30 pm.png

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/grow-your-business/promoted-listings

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Where are the terms exactly havenโ€™t seen it, also where does it say the 30 day rule, so basically if they put it on their watch list and if they buy it within 30 days you pay  the add fee, I went to look for the terms and canโ€™t find it, by the way the eBay rep did not tell me this , interesting. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I am aware of how to use promoted, I wasnโ€™t aware of terms and conditions, if you can point me where to read the terms and conditions of promoted listings, no eBay rep on the phone or on line chat told me about the  30 day rule.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

@mitty_2010 wrote:

The T&Cs are linked on the campaign set-up page, and also at the link provided above.

Down the end of the page is a list of FAQs, which also contains this:

promo campaign.PNG

It used to be you'd pay the fee if a buyer clicked on a promoted listing and bought it within 90 days, rather the the 30 days it is now, so that's something, I guess.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Yes thank you, I went to google and typed in eBay promoted listings terms and conditions, it took me to seller centre where it was all explained, I would suggest a window or link be put else where it is easy to find and read, for example a window could open stating terms and conditions apply when you click on the promoted button on the bottom of the listing, itโ€™s also bad customer service that non of the reps pointed me to the seller centre so I can read the terms and conditions today,anyway thanks for all the replies, it was very helpful and appreciated.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

I would have thought this bit from d*g - The T&Cs are linked on the campaign set-up page - would be an obvious place to check the T&Cs. As that is the time to check, not after the event.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I wouldn't use ANY feature on ebay without checking out the terms & conditions first. Ebay shouldn't have to remind us every time we do something what the rules are.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply