Info needed for return request

Hi all, for the first time as a seller ( many years) I have had a return request.

Buyer  bought a book over a month ago  & wants to return it as he doesn’t like it & the print is too small.

What to do.?

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

my amateur sleuthing says a Michael Connelly book -  certainly not in any tiny print - what if it is a serial offender?  my only negative was for a Connelly book, maybe the same person, lol.   Is his feedback 239?

Message 51 of 77
Latest reply

$6. 80 would indeed be a Michael Connelly book, and the date seems to be right too.

I haven't found a preview for it, but I have found a preview of some of his other books in the same collection and the print seems to be normal, definitely not smaller than usual.     

Message 52 of 77
Latest reply

Very good sleuthing!

Yes, it was the Michael Connelly book & his feedback is 4.  He’s bought about a dozen items from various buyers, but has not left feedback (so far).

I’ve still not heard back from him, so time will tell.

Message 53 of 77
Latest reply

I too, sell books with no returns....I received a red dot once, because someone didn't like the ending to the book....seriously?? I had it removed straight away.

In your case, I would 'sit tight'......YOU ARE NOT A LIBRARY

Message 54 of 77
Latest reply

as an aside....but if buyer is 'trigger-happy':

Did eBay Tweak Feedback to Encourage Returns? (ecommercebytes.com)

Message 55 of 77
Latest reply

Maybe some people don't understand eBay is not like Amazon. I have never bought anything from Amazon (I did create an account years ago just to download free ebooks, but I have never bought anything), but it appears that on Amazon the ratings/reviews are more about the product/item than the seller, and people can say they didn't like a book, while on eBay they are more about the seller.

Message 56 of 77
Latest reply

The ONLY reason I can see for returning a book, once bought, would be for 'condition not as stated'

Message 57 of 77
Latest reply

Exactly.

Now probably a little worse for wear after 29 days of reading & not liking. 

Message 58 of 77
Latest reply

Well, we don't even know if he really didn't like it. It has very good reviews (in general).

Anyway, he obviously had to find an excuse... Maybe he even liked it but after reading it he decided that he didn't need it any more. 29 days are certainly enough to read a book, even 400+ pages.

He should have borrowed it from a library, really.

Message 59 of 77
Latest reply

Maybe the MBG should be changed for certain items (like books - because in a month they can certainly be read).

Message 60 of 77
Latest reply