Info needed for return request

Hi all, for the first time as a seller ( many years) I have had a return request.

Buyer  bought a book over a month ago  & wants to return it as he doesn’t like it & the print is too small.

What to do.?

Message 1 of 77
Latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Follow up, I’ve sent him reply stating I don’t refund for change of mind, but I will do so if he returns book at his own cost & sends me tracking number.

Now what if no book & he escalates case?

Just the thought that someone can buy book a month ago, read it & then decide he doesn’t like it & print is too small, makes me kinda crazy.  Would he get a refund from a BM store on that premise?.

Am I handling this the right way or getting in a spin over nuffnuff buyer who wants a free book?.

All thoughts appreciated.

Message 2 of 77
Latest reply

I suggest you read up on the EBay Money Back Guarantee so you are well informed. 

You are the 2nd seller who has now come to the boards with a similar story. Item purchased over a month ago with a return request being opened. 

It was my understanding that the buyer had 30 days after receipt of the item, to lodge a return case (for what ever reason) and I’m not aware (and I haven’t checked either) of the rules changing. 

I’ll have to read up too 😉😁

Has your buyer left feedback?  Hope they have. That will work in your favour. 

Change of mind is buyers responsibility to pay postage.  But to me, it’s sounds like he’s just playing games and has read the book and now wants a refund. This could be called a scam but you won’t be able to prove it. 

Option 2 is sell him a magnifying glass 😁

Hmmmm. What to do. 
Let’s see what his response is and get back to us. 

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 3 of 77
Latest reply

Has the buyer opened any case. ??

Message 4 of 77
Latest reply

Not yet!!

Message 5 of 77
Latest reply

Requested refund on day 29.

Message 6 of 77
Latest reply

I’ve just checked the MBG… rules are still the same. 😊

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 7 of 77
Latest reply

I'd just sit tight.

Message 8 of 77
Latest reply

@lynne8221 wrote:

Not yet!!

Then do nothing.

He MUST open a returns case first and I’m guessing his time has run out! 

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 9 of 77
Latest reply

@lynne8221 wrote:

Requested refund on day 29.

If they requested a refund yesterday (day 29), then opening a case any time after today should make them ineligible for a refund/return. I would do nothing unless they opened a case and stop communicating with them.

If they do open a case, then I would jump onto CS chat right away during business hours and tell them that the item is not eligible for a refund as it is more than 30 days and Ebay are not following their own policy by allowing the case. See what happens.

Message 10 of 77
Latest reply