International shipping delays in general and Canada Post strike

Anyone else having fun with being hit by items sent to overseas not received, only for the items to arrive 5 to 6 weeks after being sent?  I've had three of these pop up in the past two weeks (Scotland, Britain and the US), and just when I was about to refund them the items turned up and saved me.

Then I got told by a friend in Canada that their postal system is running real slow and they are going to go on a 3-week strike from new year.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I had someone in the USA contact me after about 6 weeks, but the item was untracked so I had to refund. I don't generally have any problems overseas, but I use the 11 to 35 business days shipping option. I wish ebay would allow us to set our own shipping timetables instead of basically dictating when stuff has to arrive.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Canada is notoriously slow. Add 3 weeks and selling there is fraught.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Which is precisely why we no longer ship to Canada

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

we've had a similar issue re; delayed o/s postage.. and dont you just love how Ebay allows buyers to slug you with neg feedback in the stars section regarding postage?? and we get pulled up by E-Bay for delivering items slowly.. Sellers have ZERO to do with delivery after we place items (usually same day or next business day) into the postal system..How can it be the sellers fault if the actual postal system fails... nah sorry... but E-Bay is and always will be, a rigged system that is anti-seller...

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Yes most of the time ! just received one enquiry today posted 26 November.. and dont forget New Zealand can take upto 4 weeks too and thats sending both ways
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply