Is Click and Collect proving a flop?

When this first came out I had quite a few buyers use this. In recent times there has been almost none. Have buyers lost faith in picking up from Woolies?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: Is Click and Collect proving a flop?

@toothless_hogg wrote:

When it was new I would typically see 1-2 items per day heading to a click & collect location, now it's 0-2 per week.

Something that may have caused a decline in usage is the expansion of Australia Post's parcel locker program. While Click & Collect has declined the use of parcel lockers has increased steadily during the same period, at least for what I've been selling.

Unfortunately, parcel lockers are only available in the cities. Rural and regional customers don't have access to them. Those customers often do have access to parcel collect, which is where their parcel is sent to their local PO, or another PO of their choice if they are working away or on holidays. Post offices actually hate that service and not because they are holding parcels.

Last time I used it I stopped counting at 50 steps on their scanners to scan it out as delivered. It took over 10 minutes, so was lucky I went during their usual quiet time. It's completely outrageous that it's so difficult for them.

Message 11 of 29
Latest reply

Hi I also have paid for an item(it is in my bank statement) on a guest account method and I have no receieved an email or heard anything and because I did the transaction as a guest I can not contact the seller or ebay about it, did you receive the item? Because its been 2 days and still nothing I'm just hoping it gets here and that the seller did not sell it to someone else as I have paid for it. Please help?!
Message 12 of 29
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

@toothless_hogg wrote:

When it was new I would typically see 1-2 items per day heading to a click & collect location, now it's 0-2 per week.

Something that may have caused a decline in usage is the expansion of Australia Post's parcel locker program. While Click & Collect has declined the use of parcel lockers has increased steadily during the same period, at least for what I've been selling.

Unfortunately, parcel lockers are only available in the cities. Rural and regional customers don't have access to them. Those customers often do have access to parcel collect, which is where their parcel is sent to their local PO, or another PO of their choice if they are working away or on holidays. Post offices actually hate that service and not because they are holding parcels.

Last time I used it I stopped counting at 50 steps on their scanners to scan it out as delivered. It took over 10 minutes, so was lucky I went during their usual quiet time. It's completely outrageous that it's so difficult for them.

And it ain't so easy for contractors who have to pick it up from the PO when it is not picked up by the customer.

I was just reading the step by step instructions on A4 paper, laminated, that has been issued so there will be no steps missed out.

Message 13 of 29
Latest reply

@betwynwoo_0 wrote:
Hi I also have paid for an item(it is in my bank statement) on a guest account method and I have no receieved an email or heard anything and because I did the transaction as a guest I can not contact the seller or ebay about it, did you receive the item? Because its been 2 days and still nothing I'm just hoping it gets here and that the seller did not sell it to someone else as I have paid for it. Please help?!

Did who receive the item? When did you buy it? 2 days ago? Give it time!

If you paid as a guest using bank deposit and the item doesn't arrive, you had want to hope that you didn't spend a lot as there is nothing you can do. You lose your money. You obviously have an account, why didn't you use it? Never ever pay via bank deposit unless you have bought from the seller before and you can trust them. Always PayPal and always use your account.

In future, if you have an issue, start a new thread. Don't hijack someone else's when it has absolutely nothing to do with what your issue is.

Message 14 of 29
Latest reply

@betwynwoo_0 wrote:

This is the third time I have seen this post.

Please do not spam the boards with the same question....have a look at the anwers you have already received.

Message 15 of 29
Latest reply

It's completely outrageous that it's so difficult for them.

THe idea is to force the red arm of auspost into the red (ironic they named it the red arm or was that just hubris?!!)  so that the auspost management then can more effectively lobby the government to split Australia Post up and sell bits off to their sleazebag corporate mates so that all the free money goes into the "right" pockets .. the blue arm of auspost has obviously been set up to monopolise the australian road freight industry and subvert private Australian interests from gaining market share .. we are under attack and the enemy is hiden in plain sight but has us mesmerised with their smoke and mirror show .. it will all end in tears ..

Message 16 of 29
Latest reply

StarTrack was a well established large company before it was acquired by Australia Post...and AP is sure not winning any fans with the way they treat the drivers.

Message 17 of 29
Latest reply

StarTrack was a well established large company before it was acquired by Australia Post

yes it is called monopoly practices .. take out or merge with the main opposition and then squash the rest .. well spotted ..

Message 18 of 29
Latest reply

AP could not walk all over QANTAS when they were AaE so they try again with another company.

Message 19 of 29
Latest reply

Ive also had several issues with click and collect. They range from Australia Post screwing up delivery to extra handling time not being built into ebays shipping estimates. Whilst I've only sent around 25 items to stores I have had so many questions and messages in regards to those sales in proportion to sales where they go 'normally' its just higher maintenance and I would be sceptcial about whether its increased sales volume. Its probably on the whole not even made things easier for the customer given the delays / amount of messages etc.

I take the earlier point about my presmumptions on buyers. None the less I fail to see that a service which confuses buyers can be a good service.

Message 20 of 29
Latest reply