Is signature on delivery worth the extra cost????

As a buyer I was shocked to see an item I had delivered was showing on the postage label as Signature on Delivery required (seen after I had the parcel handed to me and postie had left) which had also been highlighted by the seller and I was handed the package and was NOT asked to sign for it.

I contacted the seller and let them know this as well.

As a seller if I paid for signature on delivery no matter if it was at the buyers expense or mine, I want to get what was paid for.

Are any sellers being advised by their buyers that no signature was asked for when it had been paid for?

What is the point in charging or paying for it if it is not going to be done by the postie?

Message 1 of 89
Latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

rkwm888
Community Member

maybe you should be complaining to Aus Post that the postie  is  not doing their job properly

what it cost for postage they seem a bit slack

Message 2 of 89
Latest reply

It seems with the continually increasing prices charged by AP there is a definite decline in the area of services provided.

Some posties, not all, are ignoring Do Not Safe Drop stickers as well as Signature on Delivery.

I think those being affected should put their complaints in writing to both Australia Post and, more importantly, the Postal Ombudsman:-)

Message 3 of 89
Latest reply

Maybe demanding money back for service not provided would teach them a lesson.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 4 of 89
Latest reply

rkwm888
Community Member

Maybe demanding money back for service not provided would teach them a lesson.

maybe wishful thinking, they would only pass the buck

if you go onto facebook put it on their site

Message 5 of 89
Latest reply

i had a SOD dumped on my porch, the postie left without knocking on the door! and i was home!!

also had my C&S parcel dumped in the middle of my front porch where passers by can easily see it, couldve placed it behind objects i got there where it couldnt be seen.

another time a standard small parcel which couldve been placed in my large letter box the postie knocked on my door and handed it over to me..thats cool but they don't carry out their jobs by the book eh? 

Signatures suck.
Message 6 of 89
Latest reply

Hi Sparklz,

I was sorry to read this. If a signature on delivery has been purchased, then one should certainly be captured. Please let us know by completing our web form on our website or give us a call.

Alice

Message 7 of 89
Latest reply

I'd say these are rare occurances. It still seems worth it for items that are pricey.

Message 8 of 89
Latest reply

Hi Sparklz,

I was sorry to read this. If a signature on delivery has been purchased, then one should certainly be captured. Please let us know by completing our web form on our website or give us a call.

Alice

Can you post a link to the site to put in the complaint?

Message 9 of 89
Latest reply

Here you go 🙂 

http://auspo.st/17VvD1L

Alice

Message 10 of 89
Latest reply