Cancelling An Order From A Rude Buyer Who Wants Me To Email Them

I sold an item (a personalised poster), and received a very rude and demanding message from the buyer ... "get started on it A.S.A.P. and make sure it arrives (by a certain date), etc. etc, and communicate with me through my email address " (which they gave me in their message). For a start, I know we can only communicate through Ebay, secondly, this buyer lives in another state, and I know there is no way it will arrive in the time frame they want. I sent them a message via Ebay but have had no reply. Am i within my rights if I want to cancel this sale and refund the buyer? I am a pretty laid back person and go out of my way to please, but this buyer just takes the cake ... where have manners gone these days ???  Any advice appreciated ... thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

If buyer is asking for a delivery timeframe that even your listingโ€™s EDD does not indicate as possible, they are asking for something not in the scope of the purchase. 

The request/command to communicate by email rather than through eBay messages is weird given that eBay friend on such communications. How did their written email address even make it through the message system?

I wouldnโ€™t call the message โ€œrudeโ€, but it does express expectations that are not what you say you promised in the listing. โ€œDemandingโ€ tone, yes

Based on the information youโ€™ve provided, Iโ€™d suggest cancelling and refunding with โ€œProblem with buyerโ€™s addressโ€ as the reason, given that you couldnโ€™t get the urgently desired poster to their address in time as they expect.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

And block them on eBay/blocked bidders list and in your email as well

Obvious they fully intend to keep being a self entitled trouble maker by insisting you 'communicate them via email'

They know they can't 'say as they please' via eBay messages

Clearly quite a lovely piece of work this one

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Cancel it - use - problem with the buyer's address.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

If buyer is asking for a delivery timeframe that even your listingโ€™s EDD does not indicate as possible, they are asking for something not in the scope of the purchase. 

The request/command to communicate by email rather than through eBay messages is weird given that eBay friend on such communications. How did their written email address even make it through the message system?

I wouldnโ€™t call the message โ€œrudeโ€, but it does express expectations that are not what you say you promised in the listing. โ€œDemandingโ€ tone, yes

Based on the information youโ€™ve provided, Iโ€™d suggest cancelling and refunding with โ€œProblem with buyerโ€™s addressโ€ as the reason, given that you couldnโ€™t get the urgently desired poster to their address in time as they expect.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

And block them on eBay/blocked bidders list and in your email as well

Obvious they fully intend to keep being a self entitled trouble maker by insisting you 'communicate them via email'

They know they can't 'say as they please' via eBay messages

Clearly quite a lovely piece of work this one

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you for all your help, much appreciated, have cancelled and refunded .

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

The message doesn't seem to express expectations as much being a totally rude little Hiltler.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

That is the tone I got

'Do it now' !!!!!

'Get it to me by' (an unreasonable/impossible) date !!!!

Contact  via email (why?  what are they planning that will get them busted if they try it via eBay messages?) 

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Thanks so much for your help, have cancelled and refunded, and am just about to block the buyer.

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Just a heads up, if they paid, it is still a transaction and can still leave you a red dot.

If it is abusive in any way, you can ask ebay to remove it.

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

I think it is likely someone like that would red dot no matter what

'did'nt arrive on demanded date'  or some other reason that is not a real reason 

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply