Is this a scam to get my paypal email address?

Last night I sold a very low priced item ($6.00). When I went to send the invoice I noted the address was in Kazakhstan. The user ID was created yesterday and is all numbers. the email address is a gmail address. There is no feedback and no other sales on this person's user ID. I also have restrictions on my selling page and I do not send to the Middle East.

I am very concerned as I have read forums before about bogus users buying small items to get paypal email addresses and then hacking them.

Has anyone got any advice?

I have not sent an invoice and the buyer has not paid, nor have they asked for an invoice

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Is this a scam to get my paypal email address?

If you don't send there politely tell them you do not send to their country and block them.

If they are trying to get your paypal address it is no good to them unless they send you an email and you click on a link that asks you to log in.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

If they have my email address they can try to hack it to gain entry to my account. They dont have to send me a link... if they have the correct address they can work on getting the password to the account.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Don't be too concerned about that grandma ..... If it was that easy, none of us would be safe & Paypal would be financially bankrupt & would have taken ebay down with it a long time ago.

As the babe has suggested, simply advise the seller you do not trade with their country, double check your exclusions, block the buyer & appy to have the sale cancelled.

Then re-list the item.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

They may well have bought as a guest. I believe that is the sort of ID allocated to guest buyers.

OP probably needs to revisit their blocks. I'm fairly sure Khazakstan doesn't count as Middle East. Europe or Asia probably.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Central Asia, in fact. Predominantly bordered by Russia to the north and China to the east.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

l have experienced a similar situation.
Once l told the customer l dont send items
overseas l then requested an Australian Address.
Funny how they lost interest and said they could
purchase the product cheaper from home.
boouya
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply