Is this message fom eBay legit?

gailkav
Community Member

Hi, I just listed a couple of DVDs for sale. I'm no big seller, just clearing some spare stuff. This morning I got this email, purportedly from eBay:

Dear gailkav {email address removed)

Based on your account information and activity, it looks like user ID alltogethernot is associated with your account. This usually indicates that both accounts belong to the same person.

Because the other account is restricted or otherwise not meeting minimum seller standards, we've changed the amount you can list on eBay.

You can now sell up to 15 items or up to $1,000.00 per month, whichever comes first. After 90 days, we'll reassess your account and may increase your limits based on your selling performance. You can also increase your limits sooner by resolving any open issues with the associated account. We've already sent instructions for resolving these issues to the email address registered to that account.>

I've no idea what this is about or who or what alltogethernot is. is this spam or legit?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Is this message fom eBay legit?

Looks legit to me & ebay must have some reason for thinking/believing the 2 accounts ARE linked.

You can always ring ebay & ask just to be sure or find out what they're on about.JMO

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

gailkav
Community Member

Thanks for your reply. It is still a mystery to me but I have emailed Help at Ebay, so hopefully they will get back to me wirth an explanation. I am somewhat annoyed that the email I was sent could not be replied to - is there no avenue of appeal? as for phoning them - I am in Australia, so not going to phone the USA lol.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

It really is much better to ring as the answers you get through the email system can be very hit & miss

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. It is still a mystery to me but I have emailed Help at Ebay, so hopefully they will get back to me wirth an explanation. I am somewhat annoyed that the email I was sent could not be replied to - is there no avenue of appeal? as for phoning them - I am in Australia, so not going to phone the USA lol.

sending emails is waste of time, all you get back is automated gobbledygook.  The phone number in HELP is free.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

The ID you mentioned is NARU, have they maybe bid on several of your items?  Not necessarily winning them.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

If the other account is also yours, then yes probably legit.

If not, do as fox suggested, ring them here in Aus.

Go to customer support tab, select contact us, select an issue.

You will be given a password number and call them.

1800 088 741

image host
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Did the message come to you via ebay messages?? Or your personal email account. If it came to your personal email account, check messages in EBAY. If it aint there...its not a kosher legit email. Just a thought as it had not been mentioned either by you or anyone else in the thread....cheers jilly

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply