Isn't it about time that negative feedback can be left on a buyer's eBay feedback, when they do not

Isn't it about time that sellers can leave negative feedback with a buyer, when the buyer (highest bidder) wins an item, and then does not pay for item or even communicate with you in regards to the sale?  Ebay, wake up and smell the roses.  It is alright for the buyer to leave negative feedback on our accounts, but why is it that we cannot do the same to the buyers?  I find this very frustrating, because they get away with it, time after time.  Something should be done!  By the way, I have 100% positive feedback, because I do the right thing by my buyers.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Isn't it about time that negative feedback can be left on a buyer's eBay feedback, when they do

Please checkout my last comment in regards to this situation, Kerri
Message 11 of 22
Latest reply

Re: Isn't it about time that negative feedback can be left on a buyer's eBay feedback, when they do

Plese checkout my last comment in regards to this matter, Kerri
Message 12 of 22
Latest reply

Please checkout my latest comment in regards to this matter, Kerri
Message 13 of 22
Latest reply

@kerri0522 wrote:

What I do is, I put the unpaid item into dispute with the resolution centre, and after the  4 days, when you can close a case, I leave the buyer who has not paid for item, bad feedback in the feedback centre, then I close the case and block the buyer who did not pay, so that they cannot leave me bad feedback as revenge.  I highlight the fact in their feedback, that they are a ****BAD EBAYER*** and add comments as to why I leave that remark.  Then hopefully other sellers do check their feedback out and get to read what I have left as a comment.

Not a very smart thing to do Kerri.  If you close the dispute giving the buyer a strike, neither of you can leave feedback and if feedback has already been left then ebay will remove it.  If you do not give a strike then the buyer can still leave you feedback.  And if the buyer reports the negative positive it will be removed and you will be sanctioned by ebay.

Message 14 of 22
Latest reply

I'm afraid doing that makes you look bad.

You are also bumping up the non payers score by doing that.
Message 15 of 22
Latest reply

Exactly - and if the buyer complains to eBay the 'feedback spiel' you have left will be removed, but the POSITIVE will remain.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 16 of 22
Latest reply

I think it makes the buyer look bad. Why not let the eBay community know that this eBayer does not pay for his purchases, Why would it make me look bad, when I am only telling the truth. I might bump up his score, however it is only 1 more point for telling how you feel about this ebayer. I have one eBayer at the present time who has bid on 6 of my items, and has not paid for one. How do you think I feel?? Not happy, is how I feel. And I am getting fed up with how many people bid on items and not pay for their purchases, It is nearly happening on a weekly occurrence at present. This is not right and unjust.
Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Ebay should not be removing comments that are telling the truth. Ebay should do something about these people that bid on items and not pay for them. A lot of time and effort goes into each individual item I sell, and when someone bids on it and does not pay, that totally sucks!!!
Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

I have not been sanctioned by eBay as yetl And why should I when I am only telling the truth. People that bid on items and do not pay for them deserve bad comments left about them. Isn't that fair and just?
Message 19 of 22
Latest reply

@kerri0522 wrote:
I have not been sanctioned by eBay as yetl And why should I when I am only telling the truth. People that bid on items and do not pay for them deserve bad comments left about them. Isn't that fair and just?

Kerri, truth or not if the buyer reports you eBay will see it as violating their feedback policy, and you would probably get a slap for it.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 20 of 22
Latest reply