Isn't it about time that negative feedback can be left on a buyer's eBay feedback, when they do not

Isn't it about time that sellers can leave negative feedback with a buyer, when the buyer (highest bidder) wins an item, and then does not pay for item or even communicate with you in regards to the sale?  Ebay, wake up and smell the roses.  It is alright for the buyer to leave negative feedback on our accounts, but why is it that we cannot do the same to the buyers?  I find this very frustrating, because they get away with it, time after time.  Something should be done!  By the way, I have 100% positive feedback, because I do the right thing by my buyers.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Isn't it about time that negative feedback can be left on a buyer's eBay feedback, when they do not

What I do is, I put the unpaid item into dispute with the resolution centre, and after the  4 days, when you can close a case, I leave the buyer who has not paid for item, bad feedback in the feedback centre, then I close the case and block the buyer who did not pay, so that they cannot leave me bad feedback as revenge.  I highlight the fact in their feedback, that they are a ****BAD EBAYER*** and add comments as to why I leave that remark.  Then hopefully other sellers do check their feedback out and get to read what I have left as a comment.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

I think it makes the buyer look bad. Why not let the eBay community know that this eBayer does not pay for his purchases, Why would it make me look bad, when I am only telling the truth. I might bump up his score, however it is only 1 more point for telling how you feel about this ebayer. I have one eBayer at the present time who has bid on 6 of my items, and has not paid for one. How do you think I feel?? Not happy, is how I feel. And I am getting fed up with how many people bid on items and not pay for their purchases, It is nearly happening on a weekly occurrence at present. This is not right and unjust.

Message 17 of 22
Latest reply

Ebay should not be removing comments that are telling the truth. Ebay should do something about these people that bid on items and not pay for them. A lot of time and effort goes into each individual item I sell, and when someone bids on it and does not pay, that totally sucks!!!

Message 18 of 22
Latest reply

I have not been sanctioned by eBay as yetl And why should I when I am only telling the truth. People that bid on items and do not pay for them deserve bad comments left about them. Isn't that fair and just?

Message 19 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Negative feedback for sellers? Dont you mean sellers revenge. 

They bid they dont pay you put in a UPI and add them to your blocked list and move on.

I know it is frustrating and I have done my fair share of whinging about NPB but I soon realised that its up to the sellers to do what is expected of them, report and block NPB then these people would run out of places to shop.

But sellers dont. So these people just keep on doing it.

Just think if the previous seller did the right thing and reported them and you had your blocks in place would they have been able to place a bid?

Lastly who looks at a buyers feedback? i dont care about the buyers feedback I only care if i get paid.

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

So you leave them a neg, they leave you one back. There goes your 100%

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

By the way, I have 100% positive feedback, because I do the right thing by my buyers

And because those pesky negs and neuts drop off after 12 months.

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

I agree with the OP.

You can't leave neg feedback because eBay simply only care for the buyer 😞
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

This is a well documented posting but I agree .Buyers should be just as transparent as sellers. Those who go back to sellers leaving "revenge" negs are living in the past.The wheel has turned and there has never been so many frivolous/non-paying buyers as there are  these days. Not asking eBay to do anything too dramatic but at least let sellers know they stand a chance of not being paid by a "buyer" by showing some sort of history .The UPI system is flawed.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

@kerri0522 wrote:

Isn't it about time that sellers can leave negative feedback with a buyer, when the buyer (highest bidder) wins an item, and then does not pay for item or even communicate with you in regards to the sale?  Ebay, wake up and smell the roses.  It is alright for the buyer to leave negative feedback on our accounts, but why is it that we cannot do the same to the buyers?  I find this very frustrating, because they get away with it, time after time.  Something should be done!  By the way, I have 100% positive feedback, because I do the right thing by my buyers.

But you do leave negative feedback for your sellers, albeit with a positive star for them...........sigh

Did you also open NPB's for those buyers so that other sellers with their blocks in place don't get hassled by them?????

That is the system that works, not negs on a buyers account which a seller is very unlikely to see anyway........ 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

What I do is, I put the unpaid item into dispute with the resolution centre, and after the  4 days, when you can close a case, I leave the buyer who has not paid for item, bad feedback in the feedback centre, then I close the case and block the buyer who did not pay, so that they cannot leave me bad feedback as revenge.  I highlight the fact in their feedback, that they are a ****BAD EBAYER*** and add comments as to why I leave that remark.  Then hopefully other sellers do check their feedback out and get to read what I have left as a comment.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Please checkout my new comment in regards to this matter.
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Please checkout my new comment, Kerri.
Message 10 of 22
Latest reply