Isn't that going to "wipe" out a large number of Chinese sellers?

The defect rate is the percentage of transactions that have one or more of the following transaction-related defects – the top predictors that a buyer will buy less or leave eBay altogether:

• Detailed seller rating of 1, 2 or 3 for Item as described,(there are a number of those).
  • Detailed seller rating of 1 for Postage time,(it's why they have free postage).
  • Negative or neutral Feedback,(they get lots of those)
  • Return initiated for a reason that indicates the item was not as described,(they are safe from those as they generally offer a
  • a partial refund instead)
  • PayPal Purchase Protection or eBay Money Back Guarantee case opened for an item not received or an item not as described (only used for US, UK and German seller standards programs)
  • Seller-cancelled transactions

Starting with the evaluation on 20 August, to meet the minimum standard to sell on eBay.com.au, you can't have more than 5% of transactions with one more transaction defects over the most recent evaluation period. Transactions with buyers from Australia and overseas (except US, UK and Germany) are counted.

What are the standards?

Top Rated Seller
All sellers
Maximum defect rate2%
(from at least 5 different buyers
5%
(from at least 8 different buyers)
Closed cases without seller
resolution
<=0.3%<=0.3%
Transactions & sales100 sales and US$1000NA
Listing requirements for additional eBay premium service benefits  
  • 0-1 day handling
YesNA
  • Free shipping
YesNA
  • Fast shipping
YesNA
  • 30 day money back
    returns
YesNA

So in effect that should mean that any TRS that falls below 98% will get punished?

A high number of them will be Chinese sellers.

Will it be enforced or will they have an out? 

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Access denied 😞

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 31 of 46
Latest reply

ahh bugger. Have you all been naughty?
Message 32 of 46
Latest reply

looks that way

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 33 of 46
Latest reply

I just tried to get in from my iPhone and there is no link.

Message 34 of 46
Latest reply

That what I get.

Seems powersellers are no more?

Message 35 of 46
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

As I pointed out on another thread don't do the right thing and refund a buyer via paypal if a parcel gets lost in the mail because the % goes against your cancelled transactions even if those transactions were not cancelled via ebay. This is how it is classed below.

Canceled transactions
Cancelled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else)
0.17% 2

Just wondering did you actually cancel transaction ? or refund through paypal and pay FVF on sale to ebay ?
We do a few refunds , where buyer pays for several items post free... and quantity purchased puts them into a cheaper price range ... so we refund one item through paypal ...... Will this count as a cancelled transaction?
thank you
janelle 

Message 36 of 46
Latest reply

@lentradirect wrote:

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

As I pointed out on another thread don't do the right thing and refund a buyer via paypal if a parcel gets lost in the mail because the % goes against your cancelled transactions even if those transactions were not cancelled via ebay. This is how it is classed below.

Canceled transactions
Cancelled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else)
0.17% 2

Just wondering did you actually cancel transaction ? or refund through paypal and pay FVF on sale to ebay ?
We do a few refunds , where buyer pays for several items post free... and quantity purchased puts them into a cheaper price range ... so we refund one item through paypal ...... Will this count as a cancelled transaction?
thank you
janelle 

Hi Janelle, Yes that is exactly what I did. Buyers contacted hadn't received parcels, I went to paypal refunded payments. I didn't worry about cancelling transaction just let ebay have my FVF for those purchases.

It looks as though it is going to count towards the cancelled transaction yes. Unless when it comes into effect it is changed but I don't like the chances.

Message 37 of 46
Latest reply

Ok, now that's even worse.Gosh it is getting hard to trade with a conscience.

If you are willing to cop the financial penalties (FVF + post  + packaging + paypal transaction fee ) to resolve a problem, then I think it shows good business ethics not the indication of a bad seller.

thanks Harley gives me more to consider.

janelle

Message 38 of 46
Latest reply

Hi Janelle, Yes that is exactly what I did. Buyers contacted hadn't received parcels, I went to paypal refunded payments. I didn't worry about cancelling transaction just let ebay have my FVF for those purchases.

It looks as though it is going to count towards the cancelled transaction yes. Unless when it comes into effect it is changed but I don't like the chances.

Perhaps in these cases in the future you need to cancel the transaction on ebay but make sure to choose the right option for the cancellation. Then hopefully it won't default to 'out of stock' ? I never used to worry about getting fees back on refunds etc, but I do now because the fees can be quite a lot.

Message 39 of 46
Latest reply

In regards to the title of this thread. Well, it will be interesting to see how the Chinese sellers go with the new changes. We have all been so worried about ourselves but it might actually give us an advantage.

Message 40 of 46
Latest reply