Isn't that going to "wipe" out a large number of Chinese sellers?

The defect rate is the percentage of transactions that have one or more of the following transaction-related defects – the top predictors that a buyer will buy less or leave eBay altogether:

• Detailed seller rating of 1, 2 or 3 for Item as described,(there are a number of those).
  • Detailed seller rating of 1 for Postage time,(it's why they have free postage).
  • Negative or neutral Feedback,(they get lots of those)
  • Return initiated for a reason that indicates the item was not as described,(they are safe from those as they generally offer a
  • a partial refund instead)
  • PayPal Purchase Protection or eBay Money Back Guarantee case opened for an item not received or an item not as described (only used for US, UK and German seller standards programs)
  • Seller-cancelled transactions

Starting with the evaluation on 20 August, to meet the minimum standard to sell on eBay.com.au, you can't have more than 5% of transactions with one more transaction defects over the most recent evaluation period. Transactions with buyers from Australia and overseas (except US, UK and Germany) are counted.

What are the standards?

Top Rated Seller
All sellers
Maximum defect rate2%
(from at least 5 different buyers
5%
(from at least 8 different buyers)
Closed cases without seller
resolution
<=0.3%<=0.3%
Transactions & sales100 sales and US$1000NA
Listing requirements for additional eBay premium service benefits  
  • 0-1 day handling
YesNA
  • Free shipping
YesNA
  • Fast shipping
YesNA
  • 30 day money back
    returns
YesNA

So in effect that should mean that any TRS that falls below 98% will get punished?

A high number of them will be Chinese sellers.

Will it be enforced or will they have an out? 

Message 1 of 46
Latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

just borrowing your sig for minute - okay

ASSUMPTION eBay IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 11 of 46
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

IF they make an INR clain it is a defect strike. I dont think it even matters if they win it either.

The biggest hit I'm taking is DSR 3 ratings which were much higher than I thought. But these are the hidden passive aggressive hits. When DSRs become visibly linked to transaction, this may reduce the use of the hidden mark down, hence reduce the 3 ratings.

I guess the point I am trying to make is that buyers need to be refunded for missing parcels unless you agree to replace?

Surely telling people not to refund is not good advice??? Sorry if I am missing something!

Photobucket
Message 12 of 46
Latest reply

This is in the seller dashboard but it only states out of stock or sold to someone else.

Canceled transactions      

Cancelled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else)
0.00%0

So is that the only ones that count or will others as well?

18 days before the FVF on postage comes into force with hardly a peep from eBay in regards to questions and concerns.

The new defect ratings come into place in August so will we get any more info between now and then or are we all going

to be treated as mushrooms like the FVF on postage?

Message 13 of 46
Latest reply

don't know Donna, It seems unless the buyer asks for a cancellation you are going to get hit with a defect %

I am not telling people to not refund, I'm just telling you that it's a nasty little sting for doing the correct thing and you will be punished for it. Below is what comes up when you do refund via paypal for lost parcels.

Canceled transactions
Cancelled transactions (out of stock or sold to someone else)
0.17% 2

Message 14 of 46
Latest reply

Oh and it wasn't even an INR claim. I refunded of my own accord. So as soon as you refund a paypal payment that is linked to an ebay purchase you cop and defect percentage.

Message 15 of 46
Latest reply

Can I assume I'm not the only one unable to find the PS board?

Message 16 of 46
Latest reply

I must have misunderstood this then?

harley_babes_hoard wrote:

As I pointed out on another thread don't do the right thing and refund a buyer via paypal if a parcel gets lost in the mail

Photobucket
Message 17 of 46
Latest reply

yes donna you did.
Message 18 of 46
Latest reply

Are you lost Dave? PS board, It's down the hall on the left
Message 19 of 46
Latest reply

I'm still showing PS, but PS is not available on my list.

Worked earlier this arvo. I thought it might be a Friday thing, and I haven't had any suspension notices, and the other boards are visible. It's not even evaluation day.

Message 20 of 46
Latest reply