It is I

....with my own little forum ID ... lol

I’ve taken advice from someone who really knows their way around eBay. I believe it is good advice.

But, it’s still me 🙂

I hope you’ve all had a great weekend. Our listings are looking pretty poorly and that’s what I should have been doing. Well, I’ve done a little bit in among 101 questions from a particular buyer coming at me from different angles about some proprietary information. In the end he ‘thinks’ he got what he was looking for. Happy faces all round 🙂

But, it’s been such a nice weekend here in Brissy, athough hot and muggy and now a bit of stormy stuff, that we took the early opportunity of cleaning up before Xmas - outside - hot, hot hot!! Wine o’clock now and I’m cooling down nicely. Could be some funny listings go up tonight ... lol.

Anyway, I just popped in to say hellooooooo 🙂

Melina.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It is I

Hello and have a great Christmas melina, hope ya sales pick up. Peace
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

It is I

animated-smileys-waving-002.gif

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

It is I

imastawka
Honored Contributor

oh-hello-smiley-emoticon.gif   Nicely done, Melina.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

It is I

Hello, Melina.

I wouldn't be in Brisbane at the moment even if I were offered a box of chocolates. When you say "hot, hot hot!!!", it tells me everything I need to know about where I don't want to be.

Yesterday afternoon I pulled out a metal box set of the « Maigret » films with Jean Richard. We watched « Mon ami Maigret ». I swear the man had a pipe in his mouth throughout the entire thing. At one point, one of the male characters was swimming in the sea; I thought, "He hasn't got a pipe in his mouth!" - but then realised that it wasn't Maigret in the sea at all. It was just Pyke from Scotland Yard.

I'll bet that if this version of Maigret had gone swimming, he'd have had the same great pipe stuck in his mouth.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

It is I

How different the selling of them would be today Countess were it still such that a pipe was almost a requisite fashion accessory.

Just a little trivia for you: going back into the 30’s and 40’s one Italian firm were turning out 50,000 pipes per day - no mistake - per day!! They had 860 highly skilled artisans and 95% of them were women. They all worked for about 12-14 hours per day. The brand disappeared somewhere I think in the 80’s, but is making a comeback today under the stewardship of Savinelli of Italy. A pipe making company is considered sizeable today if they make above 200,000 pipes per year - three days work at Rossi.

The market has lost immense weight and we can’t hold Jenny Craig responsible 🙂

Great piece of old film by the way.

Melina.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

It is I

Hi Countess, my reply, entirely topical and appropriate was marked as spam and removed.

But, I was saying inter alia that it’s a lot harder today to sell pipes than when it was many years ago when demand and production was extremely high and they were almost a requisite fashion accessory.

i also complimented you on you choice of old film.

Melina.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

It is I

Ah! They put the post back.

Thanks Mods 🙂

Melina.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply