Item not received case

Hi,
Can some one tell me the timeframe for claiming item not received? I thought it was 30 days from posting date.
Just had a case opened today for an item sent on the 30th June (standard letter rate mail) saying where's my item. This is 73 days from mailing date.

From the eBay help page: Let the seller know your item hasn't arrived
If the estimated delivery date for your item has passed, and you still haven't received your item, let the seller know. You have 30 days from the estimated delivery date to inform the seller that you didn't receive your item.
Has this changed recently?

The value is $11.95. Should i just refund and move on or tell the buyer that claims cannot be considered as per ebay guidelines as the timeframe for the claim has passed.

Alice.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Item not received case

Alice, nothing can be gained by telling the buyer you won't play.

Is it a paypal dispute?   I think they have 180 days.

Was the item sent to Australia or overseas?

Do you have any proof of postage yourself to check the address - for example I always take a photo of my parcel.    You could reply to the buyer saying something like .... this is the address I posted to XXXXX,   is this the correct address for you? ..... or something like.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

It is an eBay item not received case.

Quite happy to refund/resend but does it not set a precedent for any buyers to to claim after the claim time has lasped.

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Sent from Northern Rivers to Annandale, Sydney
Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Paypal is definitely 180 days...

You have 180 days from the date of your PayPal payment to open a dispute for eligible transactions in our Resolution Centre. Learn about Buyer Protection 
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

So my next step would be to message the seller confirming their address.    There have been a few threads here about ebay supplying and old address.

The way the buyer replies often sets the tone.  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Hi Curraone,

Thank you for your replies.

I will offer a relacement or refund as i do not want an unhappy buyer whether they received or not, however reading through the information available it does affect your service metrics once a case is opened.

Hopefully these are one off claims.

Alice.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Only if the case is closed in the buyer's favour.  

I am always suspicious of not received items.   Will you block the buyer?

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

You can consider sending a replacement using a prepaid letter that has the tracking but I have always found the replacement arrives with no issues. 

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Most probably will block as they are only on 13 feedback and they have only replied to feedback on 3 occassions and one was a red dot for item not received. 

Alice.

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply