Item not received claims for Xmas

cheech
Community Member

Just received 2 item not received claims even though the items are on their way and will no doubt be received before Christmas.  Between eBay's ridiculous estimated delivery dates and the number of parcels AP have to deliver at this time of year, it is completely unfair for impatient people to file a claim (without even messaging me either).  I now have to refund these people by tomorrow and then no doubt their parcel will arrive and I'll be out of pocket and they'll enjoy a free gift for Uncle John.

I looked at an item just a few minutes ago from someone in country QLD and the estimated delivery date to Sydney was Wednesday.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do they have tracking? 

A bit more info will be helpful rather than a rant so some of the more knowledgeable members on these boards can offer advice 🙂

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

No tracking as they are sent in letter-sized boxes, and yes, I realise that is the risk taken.  The point is that eBay generates an estimated delivery date that is never going to happen.  2 days from a metro area in one state to a rural area in another state doesn't happen any time of the year, let alone in the week before Christmas.

I'm forced to issue a full refund, and the item may arrive the next day and the buyer doesn't need to do a thing.  I've closed my main store until after Xmas now, or else I'll have people buying on Wednesday and expecting things on Friday.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

In order to combat the ridiculous ebay delivery estimates you have to increase your handling time but still send out the same day you receive the order.

This is what we have been doing and rarely get INR claims with our letter sized items. We have a 3-day handling time set up.

Good luck.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I have my handling time set to 5 days, which gives me a good buffer (and I post next day for the most part anyway)

If you look at my feedback, you'll see how many buyers are happy that their items arrived so quickly.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply