Items not appearing on international Ebay sites

glitzyprints
Community Member

Hi all,

I have been down this road before but I am still to resolve my issue so maybe one of you lovely people can help me?

I am yet to receive a sale from an international customer even though I am set up for international postage.  I also sell on other sites and 90% of my customers are from overseas so I find this very strange.  I am located in Australia.

Just wondering if you could possibly search for one of my items and see if it appears.  I am happy to do the same for you if you are having the same issue.

Here is one of my item numbers

And the description

Wedding Decor, Personalised Gold Foil Wedding Menu Cards, Wedding Prints

Thank you so so much!!!

- Leza

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am located in Sydney.

The listing comes up with postage to my address.

I changed it to postage to the United States and it pops up quite readily.  I can see no reason that buyers from overseas could not be able to buy your items.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you for looking. People within Australia can find them easily its just those that are located and signed in from other ebay sites. Have had friends from overseas look (ebay.co.uk) and they couldn't locate so just wanted some clarification.
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I signed in to .com and using your item title, your items came up

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thank you so much.  May I ask whereabouts you are located?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

I'm in Mebourne

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Ok thank you.  If you are searching from within Australia they will still come up as ebay.com or ebay.co.uk will recognise your location as within Australia.  You have to be located outside Australia. That is when they are not showing up. But thank you anyway.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

But then why ask if people can search for your items?

Overseas people aren't reading the Aussie boards

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Your listings are showing on the US site. I sometimes use a VPN, so I turned it on and set it to US. That means, the internet assumes I am in the US. My location in the postage section showed as US without me having to change it, because my IP that eBay detected would have been a US one. It was showing a postage cost in USD, as opposed to free postage in Australia.

I did the same for the UK site. They are showing there too. I changed the VPN to show me as being in the UK. The postage section showed me as being in the UK without having to change it and there was a postage cost showing. It did that because my IP address was showing as me being in the UK.

I am in Australia but as far as the internet and eBay are concerned, I'm in the US/UK.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

I didn't realise this was an exclusively Australian forum.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply