Items said to be located in Aust coming from elsewhere

jvdv
Community Member

I am fed up with items which the listings indicate are located in Australia and yet weeks on, if the itey arrive at all, more often than not end up coming from China.

eBay ought to clamp down on these dodgy sellers.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Then tell eBay

Naturally you check who you are buying from before purchase 

As you would have seen by your last seller to leave feedback, even though they are registered in Australia, they have horrid feedback 

You say you are fed up, how many times has this happened?

And all those sellers showed as being registered in Australia with no indication in their feedback to say they lied about where items were sent from?

Did you report any of the sellers?

Have you opened item not recieved cases?

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Hi to all reading  this if the seller  is dishonest ,, when you receive your item/s if you are not happy get a refund ,, it doesn't matter if the seller said no refunds you as the buyer are backed by Ebay  . i am also sick of the excuses ! 

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

@donnamccwynnum wrote:

Hi to all reading  this if the seller  is dishonest ,, when you receive your item/s if you are not happy get a refund ,, it doesn't matter if the seller said no refunds you as the buyer are backed by Ebay  

The only way a dispute can be opened on arrival of the item is "not as descibed" there is no provision for opening a dispute for  "seller is dishonest" or "seller has lied about location"

Basically a neg or neutral for the seller in those cases is the only option.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@donnamccwynnum wrote:

Hi to all reading  this if the seller  is dishonest ,, when you receive your item/s if you are not happy get a refund ,, it doesn't matter if the seller said no refunds you as the buyer are backed by Ebay  . i am also sick of the excuses ! 

Umm, that's called stealing.

And the sellers are dishonest?

You're a seller, can I do that to you?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

if the tracking is not from a AU seller and it has not arrived in the listed time. report to ebay.

many overseas sellers use AU account to dropship to AUS

you agree to the listing... is it says 10 days.. its 10 days before you should be asking the seller

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@jvdv wrote:

I am fed up with items which the listings indicate are located in Australia and yet weeks on, if the itey arrive at all, more often than not end up coming from China.

eBay ought to clamp down on these dodgy sellers.

I'm fed up with buyers whining about Chinese sellers yet continue to knowingly buy from them. The feedback of those really big sellers usually tells you if they are in Australia? 

As a regular poster on the boards recently said, if you don't change the behavior, you won't change the outcome. 

Let me guess, .99c with free post? ☺ Outrageous the postage is so slow

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Or post pay, 4 payments of .25c each  😂

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply