Items specifics nonsense

Woke up this morning to see message that over 400 of my items need specifics added or I'll not be able to relist them etc. When they were listed, the specifics weren't an option. Now they expect me to spend a ton of time listing $10 items and filling up to 15 non-relevant specifics. Are they going to pay me for the time? Besides it's simply not possible to add specifics for 400 listing one at the time, I have life to live. Anyone else has thoughts on this nonsense? I'm not going to do it, simple as that

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Items specifics nonsense

@acermacca wrote:

This is the  email from ebay it doesnt say gtc listing will stopped it just says if you revise them they will need to include new item specifics before you can relist.

"Some of your listings need to be updated with required Item Specifics before 12 July. If you don’t update these listings, you will not be able to create, revise and publish these listings."

Yeah, I'm not convinced about that interpretation of that passage.

For a start, this doesn't make any sense:  "If you don't update these listings, you will not be able to create... these listings."

I'm going to treat this as meaning they all have to be updated by July 12th, until I hear otherwise.  I'll get onto ebay tomorrow, and hopefully strike a rep who knows what they're talking about, which sometimes happens.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

I have contacted them a couple of times  with different answers but the last person i spoke to felt quite confident that GTC listing would not be cancelled. 

Hopefully they will confirm the same to you when you contact them.

Please keep us updated on the outcome.

hopefully some other sellers may read this and verfify also that old GTC listings will still continue without item specifics being updated.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Only 3 of the item specifics are required by the July deadline. They are artist, format (which is CD) and title - all of which are in a good listing heading. Others are only recommended (at this stage).

I doubt if GTC listings will roll over unless you update the 3 required item specifics.  

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

If sellers are having different opinions understanding what sentences like this actually mean"Some of your listings need to be updated with required Item Specifics before 12 July. If you don’t update these listings, you will not be able to create, revise and publish these listings."

It shows that the item specifics ebay team  should make the definition clearer so that is easier to understand.

It makes it more confusing whe ebay customer service give different opinions. 

There could be a lot of sellers updating item specifics on old GTC listings uneccesarily as they may continue to relist untouched.

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks for that - somehow hadn't realised that - possibly because the blue 'clock' when you're updating details doesn't show as completed until you've put in everything in the recommended category. Three per listing I can probably do in 12 days and still get some regular work done..

Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

At the end of this optiseller webinar 50 minute mark they say  ebay will not finish listings if item specifics are not updated.

https://youtu.be/fWgmvlCxxTY

Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

I think my favourite weird 'item specific' to update is "Custom Bundle". If you don't put n/a in that one, it never updates properly. Seriously, why is this so important? Does not relate to anything vintage that's for sure. It's a massive waste of time. I am not going to put too many more eggs in the ebay basket. They've out-done themselves this time. I can't revise listings, even though they are updated. It seems that once a listing is updated with all those specifics you can't revise it? And some of my listings don't have the description in them as well I have started to notice while wasting days on updating. So I have to put the description in all over again on some listings. I have better things to do as do we all...time is precious.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

Very confusing messages still coming from ebay

Last week GtC listings will continue without item specifics updates .

Yesterday GTc will be ended if item specifics not updated.

Optiseller who stated on the webinar that they train ebay staff to use optimiser said that GTC  listings would not be cancelled.

Who do we listen to ask the same question 10 times to ebay and get 10 different answers.

Ebay have given  links for sellers use  optiseller  not sure what  other sellers think but  I feel quite confident optiseller are not giving the wrong info.

Message 28 of 28
Latest reply