Just got a defect for an item sold back in Sept last year

Just wondering if anyone else has had this. 

Sold an item last Sept. Buyer says didnt get it (Small item no tracking) and I refunded. I just got an email saying I have been hit today with a defect for out of stock for that transaction. 

I refunded using paypal (not ebay) ...again only a few dollars so  no big deal. I now have my first defect. I am never out of stock for this item ....its one of my best sellers and even if I had refunded using ebay I know better than to pick out of stock as a result.

Anyhoo I am off to chat with ebay about this but wanted to know if anyone else has been pinged by ebay 7 months after a sale ? 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

That sounds ridiculous! There have been a few glitches of late, hopefully this is just another to add to the list. Please let us know what happens!

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

Just downloaded the report ...makes interesting reading hehehe

Transaction date and time 15 Sep, 2017 07:11:59 AEST

Payment cleared date and time  31 Dec, 1969 17:00:00 AEST

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Same thing just happend to me with an item I sold in September as well.

Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Ditto me with one in March; I refunded through paypal, not ebay, and by arrangement with the buyer marked it as sent (I gave him one of the 4 items, plus a refund of the payment for all 4, because I damaged the other 3 while packing them).
So ebay actually has no way of knowing there was a problem UNLESS it is robotically treating paypal refunds as proof of seller-initiated cancellation.
Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Same here - a breathless e-mail urging me to check out my defects.

Defects.jpg

There's two - one in June last year, one in Feb this years. 0.35%, still top-rated.

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

I got two emails. One titled "<Name>, you’ve received your first transaction defect" and the other "<Name>, you’ve received a number of transaction defects" two minutes apart. Except I have no defects at all in my dashboard. 

defect.png

The last ones I had were well over one year ago for items sent overseas that arrived late, and were all resolved amicably. So no idea what triggered it or what's going on.

Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

Hahahaha lol I just received my defects notice as well and they're from 3 years ago and I don't even sell anymore.

Ebay might have been hijacked again lol

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

Buyers have up to 30 days to open a dispute .............................................

Ebay has an infinite amount of time to make up cocky c**p

Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

(sigh) And on another thread, there's already someone claiming it's a "spoof" e-mail because there's nothing in their "Messages" folder...

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply